• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Based on how fast the trial went from start to acquittal, it makes my inexperience mind wonder why an experienced prosecutor would go to trial with a case so weak. What was the point? Seems like the outcome made sure that Printup can't be tried again if they ever do get better evidence.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just going off of the news stories I am surprised. I would like to see what the defense presented, but I already used up my allotment of free JC articles.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Based on how fast the trial went from start to acquittal, it makes my inexperience mind wonder why an experienced prosecutor would go to trial with a case so weak. What was the point? Seems like the outcome made sure that Printup can't be tried again if they ever do get better evidence.

I'm guessing they figured the evidence and witness list was as good as it was ever going to get, and would likely decline with age.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hope it is not ANOTHER productive, law abiding citizen murdered next time. I thought the oath was to justice, not to winning as long as it makes you a handsome profit. As we have been told in the past, acquitted does not mean innocent, it only means the justice system is not doing it's job.

Printup's attorneys were appointed. There was no handsome profit. They might clear a nut for a month or two, but that's about it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Cannot answer as I don't know all the case, but a couple of months ago I could not figure out why the charges were they way they were.

I know it's Monday morning QBing but I could not get over the lack of Conspiracy, Felony-Murder, Attempt Robbery and/or Attempt Burglary.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Would I be correct in guessing that at trial there was at least some colorable evidence that someone else was on the trigger?

Not certain if that is best way to phrase it but the other 2 state's witnesses were . . . less than credible to the point that it undermined the prosecution.

The woman's x-ray vision story was incredible and co-conspirator's story was . . . problematic let's say.

No gun/ballistics, no DNA. I told Mikey it was winnable and it turned out to be the case.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ... Seems like the outcome made sure that Printup can't be tried again if they ever do get better evidence.

I believe you are correct.
    Not guilty = free from charges (for this case)

I too wonder how long before he's picked up for another felony.
    Then again, a jury was not convinced, so maybe they had the wrong guy to begin with.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did anyone have any insight into reasons for the outcome?

Just concerns, angry concerns. I roll with Industrial Hygienists and Chemical Engineers mostly. We have a doc, but I am the only attorney in the bunch.

I talked to Mikey Mike after the verdict. He mentioned that the State's witnesses were less than optimal and with me living in the neighborhood I can tell you that there is no way driver girl saw what she claimed.

I think it was jacked from the get go. No Felony Murder and yet Robbery was the theme of the case? No Conpiracy to Commit Murder Count? Inter alia. However, it was not mine to prosecute so all speculation on my part.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WTF!? One of those two *******s that were at the scene killed her. How is that not enough to level charges at both?

Did not want to say anything before trial as I know the Prosecutor has an investigator assigned to read everything I write here..........

WTF?!

Wait, this investigator isn't a free lancer working out of Carmel is it?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    WTF!? One of those two *******s that were at the scene killed her. How is that not enough to level charges at both?

I wish I could explain it. But, IMO, they dicked up from the jump off. They made a Faustian choice to go with the guy that lied to them but won the prisoner's dilemma. Remember, the co-D walked with nothing (as well as Driver Girl).

Robbery, robbery this, robbery that and no Felony Murder, no Conspiracy for Murder or Robbery.

WTF?!

Wait, this investigator isn't a free lancer working out of Carmel is it?

Nah, out of Lafayette. They print out what I write and dump it in the file.

I know they are watching me. They think I don't know about COUNTERINTEL, cannot see the cars behind me or think that all their deputies approve of the b.s. they are throwing at me.

It's not just about me getting SWATted for the Freedom of Information of Act that I filed over the phony courtroom and the gun ban (the phony courtroom was in the prosecutor's new digs at 111 North 4th Street, we call it "Pat's Palace"), but it's about me calling them on their b.s. on a Driving While Black case (charges dismissed and 100K back to the D), a fake charge against an Asian-American at Purdue and a civil forfeiture where they pulled some behind the back b.s. and I caught them and they know I'm going to testify against that in the General Assembly's discussion of civil forfeiture reform this year.

Politics, man, it's all politics.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    KYPDACS, Brother.

Keep Your Powder Dry And Check Six*

*This not meant to imply violence in any form. It is simply an admonition to be prepared for whatever may come your way and stay alert that you may see it coming.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    KYPDACS, Brother.

Keep Your Powder Dry And Check Six*

*This not meant to imply violence in any form. It is simply an admonition to be prepared for whatever may come your way and stay alert that you may see it coming.

Live in the shadows and live in fear.

Live in the sunshine and live with joy.

They are running out of crap to throw at me. I know that they can always plant something on me, but by talking about that option, I take it away from them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just concerns, angry concerns. I roll with Industrial Hygienists and Chemical Engineers mostly. We have a doc, but I am the only attorney in the bunch.

I talked to Mikey Mike after the verdict. He mentioned that the State's witnesses were less than optimal and with me living in the neighborhood I can tell you that there is no way driver girl saw what she claimed.

I think it was jacked from the get go. No Felony Murder and yet Robbery was the theme of the case? No Conpiracy to Commit Murder Count? Inter alia. However, it was not mine to prosecute so all speculation on my part.

I'm just an ignorant savage, but its seems like they (the prosecutors) wanted to lose or at least didn't want to see justice served very badly.

Indeed! Makes no sense to my ignorant savage's mind.

I wish I could explain it. But, IMO, they dicked up from the jump off. They made a Faustian choice to go with the guy that lied to them but won the prisoner's dilemma. Remember, the co-D walked with nothing (as well as Driver Girl).

Robbery, robbery this, robbery that and no Felony Murder, no Conspiracy for Murder or Robbery.

Is that the kind of gamble they typically make?

Nah, out of Lafayette. They print out what I write and dump it in the file.

I know they are watching me. They think I don't know about COUNTERINTEL, cannot see the cars behind me or think that all their deputies approve of the b.s. they are throwing at me.

It's not just about me getting SWATted for the Freedom of Information of Act that I filed over the phony courtroom and the gun ban (the phony courtroom was in the prosecutor's new digs at 111 North 4th Street, we call it "Pat's Palace"), but it's about me calling them on their b.s. on a Driving While Black case (charges dismissed and 100K back to the D), a fake charge against an Asian-American at Purdue and a civil forfeiture where they pulled some behind the back b.s. and I caught them and they know I'm going to testify against that in the General Assembly's discussion of civil forfeiture reform this year.

Politics, man, it's all politics.

It sounds like there are some less than pleasant individuals in that office.

Live in the shadows and live in fear.

Live in the sunshine and live with joy.

They are running out of crap to throw at me. I know that they can always plant something on me, but by talking about that option, I take it away from them.

I'd like to think that kind of attack only happens in movies and novels, but that would be naive of me, wouldn't it.

UGH. Now I'm more paranoid than I was before.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    You may want to mention all of the other options so that you cover yourself, but on the other hand you don't want to give them ideas either.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You may want to mention all of the other options so that you cover yourself, but on the other hand you don't want to give them ideas either.

Well, the easiest, and what I expect, would be to plant something in my office and then stage a break in so it would be discovered by police or fire, but the things they can do with phones or computers would work too.

They followed me around this weekend, but that was just normal surveillance.

Top Bottom