• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    I remember having a argument with a anti gunner once that told me knives wouldn't be as deadly as guns because they don't have the ability to kill masses of people in such short amounts of time. While that may be true to a extent (the China stabbing killed 29 I think, and there's been a few recent ones in the us), as all statistics have shown that homicide rates increase as does violent crime. When the sheep have no shepherds or sheep dogs to protect them the wolves will use any method available at a higher rate, as now they don't face the threat of resistance. I never understood the line of thinking "we have police to catch criminals, we can call them". I was taught you only get one life so don't rely on anybody but yourself to protect it, once it's gone you can't debate what went wrong and point the finger...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I remember having a argument with a anti gunner once that told me knives wouldn't be as deadly as guns because they don't have the ability to kill masses of people in such short amounts of time. While that may be true to a extent (the China stabbing killed 29 I think, and there's been a few recent ones in the us), as all statistics have shown that homicide rates increase as does violent crime. When the sheep have no shepherds or sheep dogs to protect them the wolves will use any method available at a higher rate, as now they don't face the threat of resistance. I never understood the line of thinking "we have police to catch criminals, we can call them". I was taught you only get one life so don't rely on anybody but yourself to protect it, once it's gone you can't debate what went wrong and point the finger...

People think guns automatically kill with one shot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Well to be fair, there was just that mass stabbing of school kids in China, and none of them died. There's no debate, a firearm is the preferred method of murder, if your goal is to kill as much as possible. I don't know admitting this is such a big deal, because it STILL doesn't trump a person's right to keep a firearm for self defense.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    But it is a moral victory. Sure the person killed with a knife is just as dead as if they had been shot, but a scary gun wasn't used so we reduced gun violence - we just increased another type of violence to do so. Now we just need common sense knife control. And then baseball bat control. Then broken bottle control. Then brick control. Then sharp pointy stick control.....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    But it is a moral victory. Sure the person killed with a knife is just as dead as if they had been shot, but a scary gun wasn't used so we reduced gun violence - we just increased another type of violence to do so. Now we just need common sense knife control. And then baseball bat control. Then broken bottle control. Then brick control. Then sharp pointy stick control.....

Yeah, the only type of control they have no interest in promoting is control of oneself.

Top Bottom