IN returning to a non-SBS state on 7/01/16?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Why did I not know this? Nobody talking about it here?

New laws take effect July 1st, including no more sale of "sawed-off" shotguns | 21Alive: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, and CW | Home

"FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) - A host of new laws are set to go into effect in Indiana. One of which will restrict the purchasing power of Indiana gun enthusiasts.

Beginning July 1st, gun buyers will not be able to walk into a retail shop to place an order for a short-barrel shotgun thanks to the reversal of a state law put in effect one year ago.

On July 1st, 2015 a bill sponsored by State Senator Jim Tomes (R) of Wadesville allowed the sale of "sawed-off shotguns" after a $200 tax stamp and a background check.

Now, lawmakers have reversed-course on the issue, making the sale, possession, and manufacturing of shotguns with a barrel shorter than 18-inches illegal."

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I looked at every bill from the 2016 session and did not see anything even introduced about repealing the SBS law. I also find it interesting that the above linked article is the only place reporting on this and they don't provide a link to the bill or the bill number.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I looked at every bill from the 2016 session and did not see anything even introduced about repealing the SBS law. I also find it interesting that the above linked article is the only place reporting on this and they don't provide a link to the bill or the bill number.

Beware of single source reports. They are usually bogus.

Case in point I saw a news report on a "news site" on facebook that EVERY. SINGLE. Independence day fireworks display was cancelled by the feds due to terrorism concerns since they enjoy attacking large assemblies of americans. It was also reinforced that with all the noise of the fireworks it would be impossible to tell when an attack was executed preventing the cops from responding. (you couldnt hear the guns over the fireworks)

They even doubled down in the article that even private displays would be prohibited due to the noise/confusion issue. SMH.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Has anyone asked ZX if they even talked to them?
    I think I will email the station asking for the bill #.

gm@21alive.com email sent asking them to update the story with the bill # because no one can find it.

Last edited:

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    That's all well and good,.......but this isn't just 'some website',........it's CBS21 in Ft Wayne, is it not(I don't get Ft Wayne channels here and don't watch any local news. I got the info from subguns where an Indiana guy said he saw the broadcast today on the TeeVee.

I don't usually fall for spoof sites,.....I dug around on the site and all the news feeds, sports, wx etc look legit.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    If you can provide me a bill number from the 2016 session, I'll concede. Until then, that reporter should be fired because the article is based on bogus info.

Fish609

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    It almost looks like they probably reused footage from ZXGun from last year when SBS's became legal... He never mentions being frustrated or that they are not legal.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I don't usually fall for spoof sites,.....I dug around on the site and all the news feeds, sports, wx etc look legit.

I watched the ZX interview three times and it's really non-descript,.......he could just be talking about SBS's in general. No actual mention of any actual change in the law. I have a message in to my CIII dealer who ALWAYS knows what's happening months in advance.

I got nuthin'. This was all news to me an hour ago.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Because the "NEWS" has never reported anything wrong ever.
    What do you mean?
    image1.jpg

Top Bottom