• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    A "No guns at Work" policy. My usual summer dress was a t-shirt and jeans. I couldn't come up with any other options. (ankle holster a no-go for my job)

Fair enough sir! (I would probably delete this thread though lol)

An lcp should be adequate for concealment and still not be a "toy"... Im not familiar with guns of this size though, so :dunno:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yes I have in a state (Ill.) where if discovered I would be terminated AND arrested. I have also carried concealed on Beale St. in Memphis in view of lots of cops in the summertime. Never got made. Use your imagination kids.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    My Thoughts

I have an NAA 22 mag revolver. Great conversation piece, and is
    very good quality. Better than any two shot derringer in my opinion.
    I also have a Kel-Tec P32. It could be a great mini carry gun, but
    it has only 50 rounds fired through it, and has been back to Kel-Tec
    twice for repair.
    Won't carry it, don't trust it.
    My 2 cents.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Quick word of advice on carrying in a non-gun friendly work environment: Don't say a word to anyone, anywhere. Even if your best buddy at work tells you he is carrying, say nothing to him about whether or no you carry. Don't tell your buddies outside of work, don't tell your family, don't tell all of the fine folks on INGO. The only time it should become known to anyone else is if you have to use it to defend either you life of someone else's. Until then, you should be the only person in the world to know that you carry at your work place.

If you tell your best friend after he tells you that he is carrying, and he does something stupid and gets caught, there will be a big risk that he will drag you down in an attempt to save his own job by saying how common carry is. No good can come from talking to anyone about carrying in a hostile environment once you get past asking questions while trying to decide whether or not to carry there. Carrying in that environment is a very personal choice.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Quick word of advice on carrying in a non-gun friendly work environment: Don't say a word to anyone, anywhere. Even if your best buddy at work tells you he is carrying, say nothing to him about whether or no you carry. Don't tell your buddies outside of work, don't tell your family, don't tell all of the fine folks on INGO. The only time it should become known to anyone else is if you have to use it to defend either you life of someone else's. Until then, you should be the only person in the world to know that you carry at your work place.

If you tell your best friend after he tells you that he is carrying, and he does something stupid and gets caught, there will be a big risk that he will drag you down in an attempt to save his own job by saying how common carry is. No good can come from talking to anyone about carrying in a hostile environment once you get past asking questions while trying to decide whether or not to carry there. Carrying in that environment is a very personal choice.

All good advice...loose lips sink ships!

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Contact NAA

mine doesn't have the notches.

At one time, NAA was offering new cylinders with the notches in them,
    for a resonable cost. This ads greatly to the safety. You might want
    to contact them. They have very good customer service.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    mine doesn't have the notches.

See this link--there's a number to call, and NAA will give you instructions on how to get the cylinder replaced.

I love my NAA Pug--it's my deepest-concealment firearm, and although I'd rather be carrying something larger, it works and is a much higher-quality weapon than the typical derringer. In the NAA leather pocket holster, it disappears. I know a lot of people say "disappears" when they talk about pocket carry--I think most weapons still print enough to be visible in the right situation, but the Pug in its pocket holster would be VERY difficult to identify as a firearm from the outside.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Here is an interesting article about the Pug, and the newer .22 magnum ammunition available for these short-barreled revolvers. Hornady actually makes a Critical Defense round in .22 magnum--check out the gelatin photo. I need to pick up some of these at the first opportunity.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I used to carry a Kel-Tec P32 in a front pocket holster from here:

Stellar_Pocketholsters

The P32 is about as tiny, light and thin as it gets, and it's .32acp. Not great, but better than a .22, and the P32 is still a bit smaller than their P3AT.

Stellar Rigs make holsters for all sorts of pocket pistols, by the way.

With the Kydex type pocket holster, you "click" the holster off your gun with your middle finger when you grasp the gun. It works great, and does a good job of protecting/covering the trigger guard.

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I've shot a number of these when I was looking for one. Decided to go with the 380 bodyguard. Functions well and easily concealed. Just would carry anything less than 380.

Top Bottom