• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    When I was a kid (35-40 years ago) a friend of my dad would take us shooting at a range/gun club he was a member of near Knox. As best as I recall it was a rifle and pistol range and that they shot metallic silhouette there. I really can not remember where it was exactly, but I remember it being a nice facility.

Does anyone remember this place and is it still operating?

Yep it's still there Whip McCord is involved with some matches at this location

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    NE of Knox seems to be a popular area...are you guys out in "Redbrush Territory"?

I might know a gal who lives out that way.....

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Over 30 years ago, i lived just off Bass Lake for around 6 months or so. Then we moved into town for a year before moving again. The Bass Lake area was nice.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Over 30 years ago, i lived just off Bass Lake for around 6 months or so. Then we moved into town for a year before moving again. The Bass Lake area was nice.

In 2000 they actually put a sanitary line around the entire lake. But you would be shocked. All the lake shacks are gone and it's high dollar housing now on the North side. I would have never thought growing up there it would become what it has. I always thought I would buy a small place to summer at and stay when I visit family. Not now sadly.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    In 2000 they actually put a sanitary line around the entire lake. But you would be shocked. All the lake shacks are gone and it's high dollar housing now on the North side. I would have never thought growing up there it would become what it has. I always thought I would buy a small place to summer at and stay when I visit family. Not now sadly.

Really??? The property is literally right on the northeast corner by sporty's. I wonder if dont need septic? Interesting!!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Are you east of them? I don't see that as an area where you are going to be able to safely target shoot unless you are a bit further out. I thought Purdue owned much of what is east of them. Hmmmm....need to look at the GIS map now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks. I don't think you'll have issues there with target shooting with a good backstop. It looks like you have plenty of room.

Top Bottom