Indiana Bill allowing no one to touch indiana produced guns, accessories, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemesis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Harrison County
    If anyone is interested in emailing a letter to your representatives in congress regarding the gun ban, here is the link also I have a letter that you can copy and paste if you want.

link to congress:
    Congress.org – Get informed, get involved

Thanks to VigilantSpectre or the info and links.

Letter:

I am contacting you today to request that you OPPOSE any legislation that further REGULATES FIREARMS in America and our right to keep and bear arms.

Currently there is a debate about "Assault Weapons". These Fully Automatic Weapons are already regulated by the National Firearms Act and are not obtainable without rigorous ATF investigation and lengthy approval process. What is truly under attack are popular firearms that have similar cosmetic appearance to Assault Weapons, yet function like Granddad's hunting rifle. Banning an AR-15 for instance would be equivalent to banning a car because it's red and red cars look fast!

Continuing, there is a push to ban "high capacity" magazines. These are actually standard capacity magazines and such a ban would not only damage the ability of we, the law abiding gun owners of America, to defend ourselves but also takes several affordable, lifesaving models of firearms off the market. Implementing such a provision would have wide-reaching, unforeseen consequences including disarming those on a limited budget who also have the right to self-protection.

To affect real change in our society and prevent future tragedies, real, common sense alternatives should be explored. Federal funding for armed school security of any kind. Training programs for first responders. Encourage and fund the installation of public security countermeasure like ballistics glass & bullet resistant doors. But most importantly, the REMOVAL of Gun Free Signs. They create Killing Zones that tell Bad Guys that they will have complete supremacy in a given area. No more!

The First Amendment to the Constitution safeguards my Right to write you this letter; the Second ensures we have a fighting chance to enjoy the other freedoms we hold so dear. Please protect the rights of the American people to resist evil. Stand with America and I will stand with you when I return to the voting booth.

http://youtu.be/lJKoxdpfm9I

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    So say it does pass would a IN built gun be able to ignore NFA requirements and thus be full auto or an SBR etc?

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    If all of the intending to and have already (34) and only 3 of the reds did it as well, it would be 3/4 and enough to demand an Amendment and take the Fed out it forever.

I had this EXACT discussion with a friend of mine about 2 nights ago. The reason that there is piecemeal attempts via legislation is that, IMHO we have at this time the most liberal (in the dictionary, not political aspersion sense of the word) gun laws in a century or so. With Moore v Madigan, the right to carry a firearm is now universal across all 50 states. I think that there are 38 states (just enough to ratify an amendment) that have shall issue permits as is. Were a Constitutional Convention called, I think the 2nd would change in ways that the gun grabbers do not like. Mind you, this is just conjecture on my part, but it seems, to me in any case, based on sound evidence. Hence the urge to drive hysteria after the tragedy in CT. They now have a piece of heavy artillery to fight back against the wave of progress firearms advocates have made. I mean, who could possibly not agree that "we have to do something" after 20 toddlers were murdered.

I made this point as well. Which is the more noble side? The side which wishes to use the Constitution, the law and reason to win their battle, or the side which, like vultures, swoops in to feed on the still bleeding luke warm bodies of 20 babies?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    dupe

Also, the federal government has rejected the MFFA, with the ATF informing any FFL that performing the sale of a firearm, whether manufactured in their state or not without a proper NICS check would constitute a crime, and that they would be prosecuted. A federal court also tossed the lawsuit out of court for lack of cause. These bills (and many states have them) are really just chest thumping.

As I stated in other threads. The court battle is still being fought. 9th Circuit Appeals court.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    As I stated in other threads. The court battle is still being fought. 9th Circuit Appeals court.

I'm not disagreeing. Either in that post or another further down, I said that as of right now, even with a firearm 100% manufactured in Montana, sold to a resident of Montana, for use in Montana, they are complying with federal requirements. This is why more State's need to pass similar legislation, to reassert their sovereignty under 10A.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    http://www.wthr.com/story/20536201/a-look-at-bills-bottled-up-by-indiana-senate

Some bills that apparently will see no action.............

INDIANAPOLIS -
    The following bills have been assigned by Senate President Pro Tem David Long to the Senate's rules committee, a step typically used to bottle up a proposal and prevent further action toward it becoming law:

- Prohibit state agencies or public universities from limiting firearms possession except for buildings that house courtrooms.

- Make any firearms or ammunition made in Indiana and remaining in the state not subject to federal laws or regulation.

- Allow public school districts to require recitation of the Lord's Prayer at the beginning of each school day.

- Prohibit abortions being sought based on the gender of the fetus or because the fetus has a genetic abnormality such as Down syndrome.

- Prohibit many arrests or searches by federal agents without written permission from the local county sheriff.

- Ban the use of unmanned aerial vehicles, or drones, by law enforcement agencies or others to monitor a person or property without consent.

- Eliminate the use of grand juries by prosecutors to decide the filing of criminal charges.

- Prohibit Indiana government entities from implementing any policies relating to the United Nation's 1992 conference on the environment, the subject of the novel titled "Agenda 21" by conservative commentator Glenn Beck.

- Block public school districts from starting the school year until after Labor Day unless the district follows a year-round calendar or takes other steps.
    God Bless INDIANA! I grew up in Illinois and moved here about 3 years ago. I was very skeptical at first but have grown to love this great state. If all of those would get passed, I ll never have been more proud of my state.

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    God Bless INDIANA! I grew up in Illinois and moved here about 3 years ago. I was very skeptical at first but have grown to love this great state. If all of those would get passed, I ll never have been more proud of my state.

That's just it. The Rules Committee is where bills go to die. I have lost all respect for Long now. He needs to have a REALLY good reason for sending some of those bills to that committee.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    dupe

Also, the federal government has rejected the MFFA, with the ATF informing any FFL that performing the sale of a firearm, whether manufactured in their state or not without a proper NICS check would constitute a crime, and that they would be prosecuted. A federal court also tossed the lawsuit out of court for lack of cause. These bills (and many states have them) are really just chest thumping.

How is it chest thumping? The federal government has no authority on the 2nd amendment under the Constitution. All it is is a state telling the fed to pound sand and that they are accreting their right as the sovereign state.

Top Bottom