• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • __Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Has anyone noticed this RED and BLACK beetle looking things? I love in northern Henry and they are absolutely everywhere and the bastards wont die. I've been out here for 15 years and i've never seen them. Whats crazy is we had a huge problem with the lady bugs and now they are gone, but these are here to replace them. I'm assuming government testing/terrorists

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yep. Boxelders. Lots of 'em!
    box-elder-bug_187x164.jpg

Boxelder bug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Annoying, but they don't really harm anything.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I was hoping this would be about those big things that look like a mutation between a spider and grasshopper. IDK what the hell they are, but they are UGLY and can JUMP. My mother's back yard shed has been an attraction for them for the past several years now. Never seen them before that.

tsalazar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    NWI
    I've been seeing them things all over lately. I usually just pull out my 9mm and start shooting them. Darn Buggers. Its great target practice!!

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I've been seeing them things all over lately. I usually just pull out my 9mm and start shooting them. Darn Buggers. Its great target practice!!

I've got shotshell for almost every handgun caliber. I'll report back if I decide to blow a hole in my wall

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    We were infested with them yesterday, had a guy come out and spray all the walls etc, most of them are dead, a few ended up in the workshop.
    For some reason they seem to prefer White and Silver cars, but don't seem to differentiate between a Volvo or a Porsche.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    We would just let them get around the lights and use the electric carpet cleaning thing to suck them up. Can't spell vaccuummee.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I've got shotshell for almost every handgun caliber. I'll report back if I decide to blow a hole in my wall

You're obviously very new to firearms and an irresponsible gun owner if you haven't already shot at least one hole in every wall in your house.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was hoping this would be about those big things that look like a mutation between a spider and grasshopper. IDK what the hell they are, but they are UGLY and can JUMP. My mother's back yard shed has been an attraction for them for the past several years now. Never seen them before that.

Camel crickets, cave crickets, spider crickets. I call them spidickets. They especially like moist dark places. I had a winter set up in my barn where I could shut the water off, open one valve, and drain all the pipes after watering all the horses for the night. I hated draining those pipes. Spidickets everywhere. Completely harmless...just creepy looking and faster than a cheetah on speed.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Has anyone noticed this RED and BLACK beetle looking things? I love in northern Henry and they are absolutely everywhere and the bastards wont die. I've been out here for 15 years and i've never seen them. Whats crazy is we had a huge problem with the lady bugs and now they are gone, but these are here to replace them. I'm assuming government testing/terrorists

That's funny. We had the same problem with lady bugs and now these. They are everywhere outside and we get several inside everyday. They make a horrible crunch when our lab catches and chews them.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I'm in N.E.Madison County and these red/black things are all over my garage door as we speak as well. Raid did'em in well enough, so did shod feet :D.Noticed many spider webs recently built just inside entry / garage door and tons of the lil buggars hanging in those. Finally spiders payin me back for stealin my heat!

Havent seen the odd ladybug things in several years, then poof these are here.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    You're obviously very new to firearms and an irresponsible gun owner if you haven't already shot at least one hole in every wall in your house.

Yeah man. I shouldn't even own firearms. I'm trying to google which way the bullet goes in and comes out. Both ends look the same to me and the 9mm fits thru my GI 1911 -- so I assume it should work thru either end

You're obviously a complete ****ing idiot if you took my post seriously. lrn2humor bro

That's funny. We had the same problem with lady bugs and now these. They are everywhere outside and we get several inside everyday. They make a horrible crunch when our lab catches and chews them.

That sounds so delicious

YamahaBlue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    FINALLY, I know what these little bugs are. Was doing some work at a guys house today and the back door, shaded area facing south, was covered with these things. He even asked me if I knew what they were.

:yesway:

Top Bottom