• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Constitutional Carry summer study is headed to the Governor! :)

I was watching it, too, John! Could you believe some of the nonsense Rep. Lawson was spewing? She actually had the audacity to not only claim that carry of a firearm was only meant for people who were carrying large sums of money, but she went on to claim that those supporting HEA 1071 had no cares for the victims of domestic violence, and got called down by Speaker Bosma for impugning the character of a majority of the chamber's occupants! I have to wonder, under House rules, given that she offered no apology whatsoever, if she could be subject to censure for that. I thought Reps. Lucas and Eberhart were ready to rip her head off her neck after an insult like that to their integrity. Bosma doesn't seem the type, but he was awfully quick with that gavel when she said it.

I would be surprised if she has many friends in the House. Or anywhere.

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    HOUSE VOTE:

2017-0421-HB-1071-CCR%20House%20Vote%20517_zpsg9uw0yq4.jpg

SENATE VOTE:

2017-0421-HB-1071-CCR%20Senate%20Vote%20397_zpsjw80gzpj.jpg

Day job kept me from watching / listening (hard to do when on conference call with all 3 bosses) to testimony - will later.

I wonder - will they ever put up the video for the Senate testimony on March 29 ? that video still doesn't play.

Roll up the sleeves and start a thread for Constitutional Carry Summer Study ...

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Just got off the phone with Bauer's office boy. Asked him why the nay vote. He wasn't familiar with the bill so I filled him in. Office boy said he voted no because it wasn't a good bill. I wouldn't accept that answer so I pressed him on that and he said because he felt it didn't do enough to protect from domestic violence.

It was obvious he was just making this up so I asked him if Rep. Bauer told him that. He said I was rude and he was going to hang up on me. I insisted I get a call form Bauer.

We'll see.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Somebody give me the bullet points on "Summer Study". i.e. what happens next, then after that, then after that...the five W's of how a summer study becomes a bill again. Perhaps a timeline too.

I know. I'm needy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Senate just passed HEA 1071 conference committee report, over Sen. Lanane's predictable objections. I swear, the man never met a "gun control" bill he didn't fall in love with, unless it didn't go far enough. Guess he thinks his oath of office is like a cafeteria: Take what you want, leave the parts you don't.

I'm interested in what Summer Study means also. Starting new thread in a moment. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...y-summer-study-thread-2017-a.html#post7063270

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Senate just passed HEA 1071 conference committee report, over Sen. Lanane's predictable objections. I swear, the man never met a "gun control" bill he didn't fall in love with, unless it didn't go far enough. Guess he thinks his oath of office is like a cafeteria: Take what you want, leave the parts you don't.

I'm interested in what Summer Study means also. Starting new thread in a moment. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...y-summer-study-thread-2017-a.html#post7063270

Blessings,
    Bill

Summer Study is like the hearing process; but more open ended if I follow what I've learned so far. It is "non binding" but it helps to build more consensus with a broader group of legislators. It keeps the issue up in front of the ("ever favorable") media and in the public eye. So our job is to build support - from all groups. It aslo becomes a chance for the sponsor(s) / author(s) to refine the language ...

avoiding the confusion we've had over the reciprocity licenses for example. ... and then

Same as always:

Don't waste your time with close minded people; but don't let them have the ear uncontested of those who have not made up and closed their minds.
    Sway people - be an example - write and help "ENABLE" others to make contact and grow.
    The reason this freedom and liberty is in jeopardy is because, as a society, people have not seen the rights exercised or used.
    we must get new people and bring the mass to us;

or at least enough to swing that negative perception of constitutional carry - such that legislators realize they aren't shooting their career by doing what their oath should require them to do - and pass this. See you all in the new thread - thanks BoR! ... Good work and Job to all this session.

Top Bottom