Indiana Constitutional Carry-Summer Study thread (2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    WISH TV just had a quick headline teaser saying the legislators are meeting to repeal the requirement to obtain a concealed carry permit in Indiana. Ughhhhh......... Still misleading the sheeple.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    First of all, thank you to those that take time out to go show support for our constitutional rights. Being this is the final summer study session, what would the best case scenario be on this? When would a vote take place and when would it be established if the vote is in our favor? Thanks again for all those attending and speaking out in favor of our rights in this session and all the others prior!

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    Completely over. Missed to much to get the conclusive findings.
    Will have to watch the recorded video and read the report when published.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, a recommendation to pass is good momentum.

But yes, of course, the fight will be in the session. This was a border skirmish.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Got to see INGOers Bollorollo and BrotherBill3 today also. It's always good to meet INGOers, were not just 1's and 0's after all.

I'll take today as a win. The language in the report included: provide better tools to law enforcement (more capability to ID criminals); align State prohibited possessors with those of the Federal government, REMOVE HURDLES TO EXERCISING CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, maintain LTCH for reciprocity, find ways to fund LE departments (resource-neutral), review capacity for mental health needs (recognition that LEOs are having to deal with way to much of this.)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Highlights (translation of the hieroglyphic-like scribbles I jotted down):

Only testimony was from Kendallville PD Chief concerning increasing the number of LEOs. Also the Indiana Police Chiefs Association and anti-ConC. He said they'd had 17 officers leave in the last 12 years. Maybe it's him?

Vanessa Summers has an F from the NRA-PVF because they don't give out G's or H's. "What does remove hurdles mean?" Those are small words, a deep thinker from the anti-2A side. Later she stated she liked hurdles for a reason completely void of logic. I was actually surprised she didn't say removing hurdles was racist based on her past comments.

Rep Ben Smaltz made a great comment: rather than identifying those who have a LTCH, use technology to identify felons/prohibited possessors during a police interaction.

Like TLex said this was a border skirmish, not the battle. Much more to come.

Like Kirk said, write Bosma. I'm picturing an Admiral Ackbar meme that says, "Concentrate all fire on the house speaker!!"

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    PDF of the report from NWI Times - lots going on today ... I'll try to get back w/ some more -
    A few INGO'ers names in the testimony list:

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...-5816-b011-1f19dcc66141/59f75a5741109.pdf.pdf

Good to see folks today.

Jim Lucas's "FINGER FRIEND" from the first session was there - video taping his nose hair (litteraly) as she swore at him (F...) ... at the end ... after the session

All the TV news interviewed the MDA folks -

We have work to do but I think we made progress.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rec to pass.

Remember, this is a straw poll. What matters is January. Write Bosma.

We will have self addressed stamped envelopes at the Ingo table this weekend. Come out to the 1500 and stop by for some abuse and an envelope. There is no excuse not to bombard these people with letters/e-mails/phone calls.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got to see INGOers Bollorollo and BrotherBill3 today also. It's always good to meet INGOers, were not just 1's and 0's after all.

I'll take today as a win. The language in the report included: provide better tools to law enforcement (more capability to ID criminals); align State prohibited possessors with those of the Federal government, REMOVE HURDLES TO EXERCISING CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, maintain LTCH for reciprocity, find ways to fund LE departments (resource-neutral), review capacity for mental health needs (recognition that LEOs are having to deal with way to much of this.)

From what I heard Guy say this is a good step in the right direction.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We will have self addressed stamped envelopes at the Ingo table this weekend. Come out to the 1500 and stop by for some abuse and an envelope. There is no excuse not to bombard these people with letters/e-mails/phone calls.

Not just any abuse, but in-person, LIVE abuse from actual real-life INGOers. This is a level of abuse nearly unheard of in a world of Internet-based abuse.

We got the letters (2 versions to choose from) and stamped/addressed envelopes. All you need is a name (preferably your real name) :cool:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    PDF of the report from NWI Times - lots going on today ... I'll try to get back w/ some more -
    A few INGO'ers names in the testimony list:

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...-5816-b011-1f19dcc66141/59f75a5741109.pdf.pdf

Good to see folks today.

Jim Lucas's "FINGER FRIEND" from the first session was there - video taping his nose hair (litteraly) as she swore at him (F...) ... at the end ... after the session

All the TV news interviewed the MDA folks -

We have work to do but I think we made progress.

Thanks for the link Bill. Is Rep Lucas' "finger friend" the batcrap crazy chick who was holding up the Aaron Bailey sign at the 22 Aug meeting?

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Can't wait to see what happens next with this bill and will be at the State House if and when this bill comes to the floor for a vote in 2018. It was a great learning experience to sit through over 10 hours of debates and then today's few hours then the 15-5 vote they had. Is it just me or does this Vanessa Summers always look lke she is sucking on lemons with her bitter hateful look on she comes off having on her face lol... It was also nice meeting some of the faces of those who are here on INGO...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I will have to swing by. I'll be at the Fairgrounds Saturday to ref a hockey game at the Pop Weaver rink. I guess I'm obligated to go to the 1500 if I'm already on the grounds.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Let's get in the fight, INGO.

We are not passive bystanders to our own rights. We can fight and we can make a difference.

Bosma. Write Bosma. Nothing else matters. Write Bosma.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Interesting take WXIN had on this...reads like lessens the burdens rather than remove them entirely.

State committee doesn?t endorse repeal of handgun carry license | FOX59

This sounds a lot like spin to me, from the side that can't grasp "remove the hurdles". They print the statement from Brey everybody had then quoted the brains of the anti-2A operation Vanessa Summers (who was only 14 minutes late today. She was 38 minutes late on 22 Aug and 7 Sep.) and have a paragraph from one of Bloomberg's girls (I just made that up!)

“After taking a close look at this issue and hearing from Indiana law enforcement (it costs $5-$9M/year to run the LTCH program), our lawmakers stood up for public safety (How?) and refused to give the gun lobby (I prefer "Constitutional realists") what it (It? An attempt to dehumanize?) wanted. Indiana’s license requirement for carrying a loaded (actually it's any modern handgun made after 1 Jan 1899 loaded or not) handgun in public is a popular, common-sense law (buzz words), and law enforcement officials (did I mention $5M-$9M/year plus Curry likes to pad his stats) have made it clear that it helps them protect our communities (what about the people, as in WE the People? This reeks of marxist crap to me.). We’re grateful that the summer study committee’s recommendation (what part of "remove hurdles and put in place better capability for LEOs to ID the bad guys instead of the incredibly lawful LTCH holders are you having trouble with??) includes keeping this critical public safety (no one demonstrated how the public is safer, nor was there testimony from someone deterred from a life of crime by being denied an LTCH) requirement in place.”

Last edited:
    Top Bottom