• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    I did the parts of Morgan Monroe that aren't directly connected to the main part. I hunted the smaller sections near Stinesville. There were enough deer out there but there were more than enough hunters out there too.

gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    I did the parts of Morgan Monroe that aren't directly connected to the main part. I hunted the smaller sections near Stinesville. There were enough deer out there but there were more than enough hunters out there too.

Thanks I've been checking out the map on the DNR site. It looks like there are a lot of little pockets. So can you just park on the side of the road and walk in or are there designated areas you have to park at.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I'm curious - let's assume you hike in a couple of miles to get away from all the other hunters and then shoot a 10 point 200# buck. Since you can't use a motorized vehicle and I don't think you're allowed to cut it up, bone it out, and then pack it back to your vehicle - how do you the deer out ?

I suppose you could get on your cell phone ( assuming you have a signal) and call 10 of your friends to help you drag it out. You'd have to provide them your coordinates to help them find you. And they'd have to be able to take off work or alter whatever they were doing to then help you.

Bottom line . . . . . . how do you get the deer out ?

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm curious - let's assume you hike in a couple of miles to get away from all the other hunters and then shoot a 10 point 200# buck. Since you can't use a motorized vehicle and I don't think you're allowed to cut it up, bone it out, and then pack it back to your vehicle - how do you the deer out ?

I suppose you could get on your cell phone ( assuming you have a signal) and call 10 of your friends to help you drag it out. You'd have to provide them your coordinates to help them find you. And they'd have to be able to take off work or alter whatever they were doing to then help you.

Check it in online, write down your number and chop away. You will be hard pressed to get completely away from everyone all the time on public land. Atterbury FWA has some big deer but seeing them in the light isn't likely.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana

4 ways to do it:
    1. deer drag harness
    2. deer cart
    3. hunting partner(s)
    4. tarp & rope

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Morgan Monroe is great for bow hunting. I did firearms season one time there and I will never do it again. Some jerk shot AT a deer I had just shot. Said jerk was 200 yards from my stand in all camo,no orange, and I didn't see him till he tried to shoot my deer at full run. I left with my deer.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Thanks I've been checking out the map on the DNR site. It looks like there are a lot of little pockets. So can you just park on the side of the road and walk in or are there designated areas you have to park at.

I have found both and had no problems.

When parking along side the road, i didn't park at the closest point to where I'm going to be for 2 reasons. 1) Didn't want my car to hit by someone coming around a corner and 2) I didn't want a big sign pointing other hunters to know exactly where i am so I'm not giving away a potentially good place.

Top Bottom