0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Is he an attorney? If so, it could be he got canned because of a trend in recent disciplinary actions. Regardless, I think he simply should have been reprimanded for being a dumbarse and leave it.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Is he an attorney? If so, it could be he got canned because of a trend in recent disciplinary actions. Regardless, I think he simply should have been reprimanded for being a dumbarse and leave it.

Yes. I think its more of the follow up comments that got him in trouble.

"You're darned right I advocate deadly force," Cox wrote to the Mother Jones staffer.

The first live ammo comment can be dismissed as an attempt at humor. The second may have crossed the line though. Reading through comments on the IndyStar article, Cox may have had a problem with his mouth.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    That guy was a lawsuit waiting to happen. You'd think that they'd have to pass a personality test or something to obtain that job.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    His first mistake was communicating with anyone from Mother Jones. The comment was stupid. It can't be tolerated by the chief LEO in the State. He had to go.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Perhaps Capital PD will show more restraint, but having twice been tear-gassed by City of Madison PD I can say this isn't the first time heavy-handed measures were suggested, and not the first time they were warranted. However, the tweets in the article go too far even for Wisconsin protesters. Mr. Cox is free to do and say as he wishes on his own time and his employers (us) are free to demand a classier sort of fellow on the payroll.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    seems some of his views are not much different than a good number of INGO members. But here we are, with a bunch of the same people calling for his head in the name Political Correctness?

Interesting.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    seems some of his views are not much different than a good number of INGO members. But here we are, with a bunch of the same people calling for his head in the name Political Correctness?

Interesting.

I don't know about PC. He seems pretty clear about the use of DEADLY force against people exercising their 1st. Peacefully. I think that this falls outside the realm of the commonly accepted definition of political correctness.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    +1 LPMAN

However, stating in a public forum that we should use live ammunition against American citizens is crossing the line. If anyone else has seen some of the footage of unarmed protestors being shot and killed in other countries, they would know what I'm saying. Despite freedom of speech and the freedom to have your own opinion, this man was way off. With world events as they are, even joking about that may get you fired right now.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Needs to be more careful with words - it's his profession. This will teach him.

We are who we are all the time - we don't get to become someone else when we go home. Such is the demands of public life. I disagree with his positioning towards WI protesters, support his right to voice that, and support the AG's right to determine what is appropriate for the office he was elected to fill.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010

Interesting.

I'm sure this is giving some here a migraine.

On the one hand, he works for the government.
    He's joking about using live ammo on citizens......but only democrats.

I imagine that for many, this is like the feeling they would get watching their mother-in-law driving off of a cliff in their brand new pickup truck.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    What you say CAN be used against you... Even your JOB!!

Just a thought for everyone that gets a little too "opinionated" on the forums... Keep in mind to look at/consider them the way a court or a State-ist (PC for Progressive Liberal) would. Blogs Tweets, facebook, and other on-line messages COULD come back to haunt you.

An Indiana asst attorney general lost his JOB today because he was sarcastically recommending to the Wisconsin State Police to use "live Ammo" in dealing with the Wisconsin Statehouse protesters. Was he serious? OF COURSE NOT; but even "tongue in cheek" comments can be very COSTLY!

I personally think HE has a grounds for action under the 1st Amendment, as he was writing as a private individual, not as under his office or as a state official... but either way his career is likely ruined...
    Guess if you work for the State you are not suppose to have opinions.....will the media be supportive of HIS right to free speech? Not likely...

Full article:
    Indiana Deputy AG Loses Job After Live Ammo Tweet - News - ABA Journal

God I am so tired of the Politically correct, "cant take a joke crowd" it drives me nuts sometimes...

Top Bottom