• ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks for the link / info

Did you notice the poll? We're behind people.
    yes The poll is "sorta" meaningless - except that it's the kind of crap the UBC folks will use to toss around that "the majority' supports this.

Don't be fooled by the wording.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    He is trying to straddle the fence. The question seems to be; is he willing to bet that Hoosiers will forget his betrayal if he lock steps with his party. I believe if he does vote for any such bill, he will be done in the next election. IMO He is only in office because Mourdock attempted a candid answer to a loaded question which the media "made hay" with, rather than giving the PC answer of "it's above my pay grade" like the candidate Obama did.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    I'll bet dollars to donuts that no matter what the poll results come out to be or how many of us call or write, Donnelly is going to follow the party line. Another traitor to the Republic.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Thanks for the link / info

Did you notice the poll? We're behind people.
    yes The poll is "sorta" meaningless - except that it's the kind of crap the UBC folks will use to toss around that "the majority' supports this.

Don't be fooled by the wording.

Note how the question is worded, it's DESIGNED to get a positive response?

If the question incorporated the actual wording of the proposed UBC legislation, the response would be very different. Part of the perks of "owning" the media that is guaranteed "free" by the 1st Amendment, you get to slant things to suit your slanted beliefs.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Another email sent and voted.

Just heard on the news, Obama just stated 90% of gun owners WANT UBC. How can these IDIOTS continue to spread lies. The friggin number gets bigger everytime he opens his mouth.....:xmad:

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name
    GET ON THIS ONE AND VOTE

This is where Obama gets his numbers, from the Mayors against illegal guns, You know, Bloomberg's outfit. They're also running this poll:
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101 __________________

We need to get on this one also. It is showing that 90% of the Nation is for Bummblebergs (Bloombergs) gun control and 70% in Indiana is for Bummblebergs gun control.

I believe the poll is inaccurate at to say the least.

The following is the poll. Notice how they word this poll, what a bunch of deceptive individuals.

Washington needs to pass gun laws that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and other prohibited purchasers and keep military-style weapons and high-capacity magazines off of our streets. To do this, they should pass laws that will:

• 1. Require criminal background checks for ALL gun sales, including private sales.
    • 2. Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
    • 3. Make gun trafficking a federal crime.
    (Proposed by: Mayors Against Illegal Guns.)
    By supporting, you will be telling Congress that you support these changes to federal gun laws.
    By opposing, you will be telling Congress that you oppose these changes to gun laws.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We all knew this would be the battle. We know to hammer him and we know the topics.

Write, call, e-mail, show up at the town halls and ask questions (we all know how politicians love questions:D).

Ask him:

how it will be enforced

What will be the social good of converting non-criminals into criminals?

What he thinks the compliance rate will be?

What federal resources from FBI/ATFE/USA will be diverted to enforcing this statute insteading of arresting/prosecuting felons with guns?

How did Indiana's UBC do any good?

He will kick and scream and protest. He will claim that you are hectoring him. He will whine like a child that he is not being respected.

Ignore him. Keep asking him even if your mouth is dry, your voice cracks and your knees shake. Ask him questions, he will melt like chocolate in the sun.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Can't get to the poll from mobile. I'll hit it when I get to a computer. Keep calling and writing folks! Yes, he wants to vote for UBCs, and is just looking for excuses to do so, but enough voters bending his ear has a shot at flipping him.

biomech

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Can't get to the poll from mobile. I'll hit it when I get to a computer. Keep calling and writing folks! Yes, he wants to vote for UBCs, and is just looking for excuses to do so, but enough voters bending his ear has a shot at flipping him.

If you're accessing via iPhone (Safari browser), scroll to the bottom of the webpage and choose "Switch to full desktop version".

Top Bottom