• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I think a couple Carmel city councillors have been watching that district. Would that make you feel better about Brooks? :D

Not the way those bastards spend money and accrue debt. I'd like to see a Justin Amash-like candidate get the republican nod, but most around here are party apparatchik and followers, not leaders. I'll vote for Wittlief on the LP ticket. He's actually a well rounded candidate who won't kowtow to the tax and spend crowd or the spend and accrue debt crowd.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No I am not. Just a thought that an INGO endorsement might help an election. I am positive that a far greater % of INGO members vote than the general population.

Wrong constituency for this "election." :D (But your idealism is noted.)

The voters in this election will be the local-level insiders. Which, is arguably better than the state-level insiders that will determine the Republican candidate for governor.

The winner of this "election" will then be placed on the ballot to run against the Dem in the general election.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not the way those bastards spend money and accrue debt.
    Didn't think so. :D

I know some of the other dark-horse candidates who might be willing/able if Brooks makes governor (or decides there's already been too much BS). They'd be good, but I need to wait to see what shakes out.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wrong constituency for this "election." :D (But your idealism is noted.)

The voters in this election will be the local-level insiders. Which, is arguably better than the state-level insiders that will determine the Republican candidate for governor.

The winner of this "election" will then be placed on the ballot to run against the Dem and Libertarian in the general election.

FTFY

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not the way those bastards spend money and accrue debt.

Wow - mrj - your worst nightmare could come true! Brainard his own self just said that if Brooks doesn't run, he'd throw his hat in the ring.

Brooks looking at all better? :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow - mrj - your worst nightmare could come true! Brainard his own self just said that if Brooks doesn't run, he'd throw his hat in the ring.

Brooks looking at all better? :D

Nope. But it would be a way to get rid of that free spending SOB. It would be the best thing that happened to Carmel in a long time.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Nope. But it would be a way to get rid of that free spending SOB. It would be the best thing that happened to Carmel in a long time.

I guess that's a good point. In Congress, Brainard's power would be diluted, unlike what he has in Carmel.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I recall some of y'all thought Kasich was OK. We'd be willing to loan him to you (forever) as an 'emergency spare' governor :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you're on Tomes' email list, you may have just seen this.

I apologize for not writing about this sooner, but we didn’t even tell our children until a few days ago about me filing to run for governor of Indiana.

Over the past few years many have asked me to run for a higher office. It is very heartwarming to have so many requesting that and I know every one of them were sincere.

In the past couple of weeks the requests have ratcheted up. The calls, emails and face to face encounters have intensified to the point that Margie and I had to seriously consider addressing this.
    We have spent a lot of hours praying for how to approach this decision. Many of you know it was never my intention to take this political life any higher, but we also know that the good people need an answer.

I filed the first part of the paper work Monday for candidacy for governor and will complete the process Thursday July 21s. T The deadline for filing is Friday 22nd at 11 AM (Eastern). The state committee of 22 members will select the candidate on July 26th. At this point there are three people who have filed. I will be the fourth candidate and the only one who has served in the Indiana legislature at this point.

It will take 12 votes to win the selection and I know that I am up to nearly insurmountable odds. However, I am distinctively different from most officials. I know that I am capable and qualified to perform the duties of the office, but there are factors that come to play in this process.

I want to thank all of you who called and emailed such nice comments and nearly every one of them had a spiritual theme which is very meaningful to Margie and me and impresses upon us the trust, loyalty and faith that so many across the state indicated.

By next week we will all know the answer to my willingness to serve folks in Indiana from that level.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I have know Mr. Tomes for many years and have always been impressed with the manner in which he carries himself. He is passionate about the Constitution and has unwavering principles. I believe that him and past Congressman John Hostettler are in a league of their own when it comes to elected representative patriots.

Top Bottom