• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I need some info here that I can't find on the web.

My oldest daughter's father had a suspended license and was convicted of multiple Driving while suspends. His latest one wasn't suppose to be over for another 90 days and with his driving record and criminal record, there's just no way he should have received his license until he was eligible. The only thing we can think of is that he filed for, and received a hardship license.

So my question is this: Can you tell by looking at the license that it's a hardship license? Does it state it as a restriction or will it be at the top of the license where it usually says "Operator License" or "Chauffeur license"?

Any help would be great. I would call but both our phones have been in use for the past 3 hours. :rolleyes:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I need some info here that I can't find on the web.

My oldest daughter's father had a suspended license and was convicted of multiple Driving while suspends. His latest one wasn't suppose to be over for another 90 days and with his driving record and criminal record, there's just no way he should have received his license until he was eligible. The only thing we can think of is that he filed for, and received a hardship license.

So my question is this: Can you tell by looking at the license that it's a hardship license? Does it state it as a restriction or will it be at the top of the license where it usually says "Operator License" or "Chauffeur license"?

Any help would be great. I would call but both our phones have been in use for the past 3 hours. :rolleyes:

I would think it is NONE of your business. Why is what type of DL he has of concern to you? If you are worried about the safety of your kid I would be contacting child welfare not asking questions on a gun board.

Personally I would think it is a good thing for him to have a DL, it opens up more possibilities for employment and so fourth.

I guess some people just have lots of spare time (read as NO J O B) and have nothing better to do then worry about minuscule things like how a couple of new forum rules will destroy him, what his wife's baby daddy is doing and so fourth.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I would think it is NONE of your business. Why is what type of DL he has of concern to you? If you are worried about the safety of your kid I would be contacting child welfare not asking questions on a gun board.

Personally I would think it is a good thing for him to have a DL, it opens up more possibilities for employment and so fourth.

I guess some people just have lots of spare time (read as NO J O B) and have nothing better to do then worry about minuscule things like how a couple of new forum rules will destroy him, what his wife's baby daddy is doing and so fourth.
    Jesus dude. It was only a simple question. You having a bad day, or what?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was asking for my wife. This guy has on more than one occasion driven without a license with his kids in the car. The worst part is that he lives 2-3 hours away and if he gets pulled over with our daughter in the car and he goes to jail (Which he will if he gets caught one more time) then that puts our daughter in a bad position and going through something she wouldn't need to go through.

Andre, if you can't see why this makes it our business then you have some serious issues of your own when you bash someone for caring about their kid's safety. Take your attitude and put it to some good use.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    BTW, if it's a hardship license and the route he takes to meet us is not part of the agreement on the license contract, he can lose that license and his car as well. That's why I'm asking to find out how to know if it will have some kind of ID as a Hardship license or not.

If it's not, then good for him. He pulled off a legal miracle.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    good luck SE, i can understand your concern. hope it all works out.

Thanks. And I did get ahold of the BMV. The lady I spoke with said she didn't know what one looked like, but there MAY be something in the restriction area and what that restriction is listed on the back so I'm looking that up now.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    This guy has on more than one occasion driven without a license with his kids in the car. You have posted here that driving is a right, so no license or no insurance is of no business to the GOV. Is it different for him then you? Double Standard perhaps? Is she less safe than if he has the plastic in his wallet?

The worst part is that he lives 2-3 hours away and if he gets pulled over with [STRIKE]our [/STRIKE] his daughter in the car and he goes to jail

His daughter, his rules, kinda like your mom filling out the census for you (cause you're in her house). :yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Have you seen the licenses?

Not sure if he got the secure ID license or not. If so, then no.

This guy has on more than one occasion driven without a license with his kids in the car. You have posted here that driving is a right, so no license or no insurance is of no business to the GOV. Is it different for him then you? Double Standard perhaps? Is she less safe than if he has the plastic in his wallet?

The worst part is that he lives 2-3 hours away and if he gets pulled over with [strike]our [/strike] his daughter in the car and he goes to jail

His daughter, his rules, kinda like your mom filling out the census for you (cause you're in her house). :yesway:

You really wanna argue this? And why is it when I make a thread asking a question you ALWAYS have a smartass response to it?

First, yes she is less safe with him on many levels. Especially if she has to witness her meth-head father be arrested and have to sit in a police station waiting for us to pick her up.

Second, she is more my daughter than he is, again, on many levels. That I will not discuss with you or anyone else on a public forum and especially since it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. So no, not his rules.

Now, if anyone's ever seen a hardship license, I'd love to hear from you. On here, or in PM. Thanks.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I couldn't find an image, but here is some additional information.

http://www.indianajustice.org/Data/DocumentLibrary/Documents/1054434721.39/0105hardship%20license.pdf

IC 9-24-15-1
    Application of chapter; exception; inadvertent failure to maintain financial responsibility
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), this chapter does not apply to the following:
    (1) A suspension of a driving license upon the failure of an individual to file security or proof of financial responsibility following an accident as required by or upon the failure of any individual to satisfy a judgment for damages arising out of the use of a motor vehicle on a public highway as provided for in IC 9-25.
    (2) When suspension is by reason of:
    (A) physical, mental, or emotional instability;
    (B) having caused serious bodily injury to or the death of another person when operating a motor vehicle after knowingly or intentionally failing to take prescribed medication, the taking of which was a condition of the issuance of the operator's restricted driver's license; or
    (C) the applicant has been convicted of involuntary manslaughter or reckless homicide as a result of an automobile accident.
    (3) A suspension of the license of an applicant whose license has been previously suspended.
    (4) A suspension of the license of an applicant who has failed to use timely appeal procedures provided by the bureau.
    (5) After June 30, 2005, a suspension of the license of an applicant whose commercial driver's license has been disqualified under 49 CFR 383.51 or other applicable federal or state law, including an alcohol or a controlled substance conviction under IC 9-30-5-4 or 49 CFR 391.15.
    (b) A court may grant a petition for a restricted driving permit from an individual who:
    (1) received a request for evidence of financial responsibility after:
    (A) an accident under IC 9-25-5-2; or
    (B) a conviction of a motor vehicle violation under IC 9-25-9-1; and
    (2) failed to provide proof of financial responsibility under IC 9-25-6;
    if the individual shows by a preponderance of the evidence that the failure to maintain financial responsibility was inadvertent.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.12. Amended by P.L.70-1992, SEC.1; P.L.59-1994, SEC.2; P.L.219-2003, SEC.5; P.L.208-2003, SEC.14.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The closest thing I found to an answer is located here on page "16". It says Restriction 5 is "Conditional". It doesn't go into any further detail so I can only assume that would be the code for Hardship license. If not, then I don't know.

Is that a condition of him taking her according to the court? If not be careful you and your wife could be in serious legal trouble for not letting him see his child.

Nope, it's not in the terms in the papers. However, if he's breaking the law then we don't have to send her and I have no problem standing side by side with my wife in a couple weeks when they go to court and she explains it to the judge.

If I could explain everything in detail I don't think there's one person on this board that would defend this guy. However, I don't think it's prudent to go into the history here, nor would this even be the thread to do so.

Top Bottom