• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have a favor to ask, a member of our Church is taking the Honor flight of Lafayette on Monday, September 29th. They will fly to Washington DC to visit the WWII memorial for the day. On each flight they have mail call, and its a very important part of the Honor Flight experience. As sad as it is, there are many veterans who don't have a lot of family members or have been distanced from family and friends. They have 85 veterans per flight. They are in need of some letters for the upcoming flights on September 29th and October 27th. If you could take a few minutes to write a letter of thanks or send a couple of cards their way the veterans would greatly appreciate it. Multiple cards and letters can be sent in a bigger envelope and will be separated later. Please address and send to:

Honored Veteran
    %Greater Lafayette Honor Flight
    P/O box 275
    Lafayette, Indiana 47902-0275

Deadline for letters will be
    Friday September 26th (They have about 25 veterans who are in need of letters)
    And
    Friday October 24th

Pamela S. Mow
    Co-President of Greater Lafayette Honor Flight
    P/O Box 275
    Lafayette Indiana

Let's all help to make this a special day for our WWII vets!!! Thanks in advance to all that can help. I can provide Pam Mow's phone number and email address in a pm to anyone that wants it. Samples of letters can be seen if you google Honor Veterans letters.

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I plan on doing several myself. They said some guys get several letters and some get none. I figure if I have the whole family do some we can make sure that everyone gets at least a couple.

Top Bottom