• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I have been to Chicago for work 2x since this law passed.

To be honest I am scared of the corruption in chicago and what might happen and therefore have left it home both times.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    An Indiana resident in Chicago only asking for trouble. I use to work over on 47th st for Norfolk Southern before I got transferred closer to home in Burns Harbor. I always put my safety first especially when I was working midnights. Luckily I never got pulled over and never had a need to use.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    Understandably. I am scared that they will trump something up just to send a message. Unfortunaly I work in Chicago every day. Makes me Love Indiana more every day.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I work in Chicago 2 - 22 hour days a week. I carry in my vehicle. I carry while at work, as it is private property, and I have the owners permission. I never exit the car while carrying. I always carry fully concealed. I follow the rules to the letter. I have had no interactions with any LEO's other than friends since the law went into effect.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    With Chicago being as anti gun as they are it will be years before they realise good guys with guns is a good thing. With their residents just getting their ccw,s I'm guessing they will cherry pick every bad encounter they can to make it look like a mistake.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    It's kinda strange. I have worked in Chicago for 26 years. I lived in Chicago for 7 years. I have met a dozen or so Chicago police officers. I have daily interactions wit 2 Chicago police officers in the district that patrols the area around our warehouse. I have interactions with 2 Cook County Sheriffs officers at least once a month. Virtually all of these people thought that citizens should be allowed to carry firearms. The 2 CPD officers from our district thought it was stupid to exclude public transportation from legal carry zones. IMO at least some of the rank and file are pro concealed carry.

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    Keymaster just made my day. Maybe there is hope. I know there are a lot of good cops out there. But is there enough to overcome the bad ones. I try not to have any interactions with LE but all it takes is a finder bender .

Newhoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    Kouts
    Its hard to believe that after all this time no one has been stopped in Chicago for car carring yet. We must be better drivers.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    It's kinda strange. I have worked in Chicago for 26 years. I lived in Chicago for 7 years. I have met a dozen or so Chicago police officers. I have daily interactions wit 2 Chicago police officers in the district that patrols the area around our warehouse. I have interactions with 2 Cook County Sheriffs officers at least once a month. Virtually all of these people thought that citizens should be allowed to carry firearms. The 2 CPD officers from our district thought it was stupid to exclude public transportation from legal carry zones. IMO at least some of the rank and file are pro concealed carry.

I work in Chicago every day also, Every Chicago cop I ever met thought it was stupid not to let the people carry, they were all for carrying.

Top Bottom