• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is teaching others to lie a protected form of free speech? Apparently not.
    Is this a way to keep whistleblowers from obtaining federal employment?

Indiana man sentenced to 8 months in federal prison for teaching people to beat lie-detectors | Police State USA

ALEXANDRIA, VA — An Indiana man thought he had the freedom to speak about controversial topics and teach others what he knows. The Federal Government disagreed. This week that man found out that the penalty for free speech is 8 months in federal prison. He taught people how to beat polygraph tests. The case has sparked a debate about whether or not the right to lie, or teach others to lie, should be protected under the First Amendment.

“My wife and I are terrified,” said Chris Dixon, of Marion, Indiana. “I stumbled into this. I’m a Little League coach in Indiana…never in my wildest dreams did I somehow imagine I was committing a crime.”

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    But we're still free! Right! Right?

id like to know what the wire fraud charges were about. But teaching knowledge about ANYTHING should never be allowed to be prosecuted! Plus the media and the president lie all the time, where's their sentence?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is a free country! Pay no attention to the bars in front of you or the man behind the teleprompter!

prison20inmate.jpg

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I heard of a man that lied and got 8 years...........................................................................In the Whitehouse!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    “It does not require much looking to find a respected scientist who has convincingly argued that polygraphs do not operate above chance levels and are therefore detrimental to national security,”McClatchy reported Nina Ginsberg as writing in her response to prosecutors. “Mr. Dixon has done nothing that warrants the government’s attempts to make him the poster child for its newly undertaken campaign to wipe out polygraph countermeasures training.”

I would speculate that this has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the polygraph test or the supposed methods of countering it, but rather that good sheep follow orders without question, accept even the most egregious invasions of privacy (in this case, one's own mind) without question, and do not question their 'betters'. Efforts like this undermine that conditioning and therefore are not to be tolerated.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Ummm, that's NOT why he is in trouble.

There's your winner.

Is that a crime now? It must be because they said it was. Here's a quote from another article on the same story:

“This crime matters because what he did endangers others,” said Anthony Phillips, a prosecutor with the Justice Department’s division that pursues corrupt public officials. “That’s not the government putting the spin on anything. . . . This is not hyperbole. . . . Mr. Dixon’s crimes should matter to all Americans.”

That looks too close to "It's for the children" to me. I can't find anything in the articles that mentions a specific crime. The Judge mentioned "gray areas" concerning free speech, but I could not find any mention of a law being broken. It just seems like too much power to give to an already overbearing government. I don't agree with what he did and I don't believe anyone should ever lie, but what law was broken in this case? It seems that they are just trying to limit free speech, again.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I guess big brother is really watching. The irony here is that since polygraphs are not admissible in court I fail to see what basis they used for the charge.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    OK an what is wrong with that?

I don't understand. What is wrong with allegedly committing a crime? Not tracking.

I can't find anything in the articles that mentions a specific crime. The Judge mentioned "gray areas" concerning free speech, but I could not find any mention of a law being broken.

You want a citation on an Alex Jones website???

LOL, I think you want too much.:D

If you are asking me, it is likely aiding and abetting 18 USC §1001.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I guess big brother is really watching. The irony here is that since polygraphs are not admissible in court I fail to see what basis they used for the charge.

What?

When do admin polygraphs have to be admissible pursuant to the FRE? A myriad of agencies use polygraphs in law enforcement, security, procurement, intel, inter alia.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    How is telling someone to rob a store (or lie) aiding and abetting? Doesn't there have to have been a crime committed first?

Free to speak as long as its not something the gov doesn't like.

And why is there a double standard? Cops and politicians can lie to us but when we lie to them it's a felony. What a crock of ****.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So let me make sure I have this straight.
    This man is going to jail for telling people how to "beat" a machine that doesn't do what it claims to do?

A pretty harsh sentence considering there's NO such thing as a machine that will tell DEFINITIVELY if somebody is telling the truth or a lie.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This man is going to jail for telling people how to "beat" a machine that doesn't do what it claims to do?

A pretty harsh sentence considering there's NO such thing as a machine that will tell DEFINITIVELY if somebody is telling the truth or a lie.

From what I've read, he is going to jail for advising people to lie to federal authorities and them helping them do so. At present, I believe that is a crime, particularly as the stuff he was advising them and teaching them how to lie about was almost certainly under penalty of perjury. Keep in mind, he wasn't found guilty, he pled guilty.

Best,

Joe

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    "obstructing federal proceedings and wire fraud"

I'd like to see the actual verdict against him and whether is was for the part I placed in bold.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by edporch

From what I've read, he is going to jail for advising people to lie to federal authorities and them helping them do so. At present, I believe that is a crime, particularly as the stuff he was advising them and teaching them how to lie about was almost certainly under penalty of perjury. Keep in mind, he wasn't found guilty, he pled guilty.

Best,

Joe

So then he was not found guilty for advising people how to "beat" the "lie detector", he was found guilty for advising people not to ADMIT he advised them?

A fine point in law, but I see YOUR point.

Ironically, if so-called "lie detectors" did what they claim, the tester would know the subject was lying if they said they never had been advised on how to beat the test. :):

I'm dead set against so-called "lie detector" tests, and will NEVER take one.

Besides the fact that no machine can tell if somebody is telling the truth or lying, I know somebody PERSONALLY who took one of these tests, told the 100% truth, and it was reported they were lying.

Yet I know independently they told the truth.

If it hadn't been for their supervisor going to bat for them and insising to higher ups that my friend was innocent, they would've been fired, and had their career destroyed.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Ironically, if so-called "lie detectors" did what they claim, the tester would know the subject was lying if they said they never had been advised on how to beat the test. :):
    <short break>

For some reason, that comment reminded of this scene:

[video=youtube;wlMegqgGORY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMegqgGORY[/video]

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by edporch

So then he was not found guilty for advising people how to "beat" the "lie detector", he was found guilty for advising people not to ADMIT he advised them?

A fine point in law, but I see YOUR point.

I'm dead set against so-called "lie detector" tests, and will NEVER take one.

Besides the fact that no machine can tell if somebody is telling the truth or lying, I know somebody PERSONALLY who took one of these tests, told the 100% truth, and it was reported they were lying.

Yet I know independently they told the truth.

If it hadn't been for their supervisor going to bat for them and insising to higher ups that my friend was innocent, they would've been fired, and had their career destroyed.

Pled guilty

Top Bottom