• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've never met any member of any militia who wasn't a O-level of some sort, usually at least a major. There are no privates or noncoms in militias. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Amen... NCOs make it happen!

latham17

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    indy
    The modern militias in IN suck! The second amendment clearly states "a well regulated militia" but speaking from experience joining several, NONE of the militias here would be classified as well regulated! I wanted to join because if SHTF there is safety in numbers. The main problem is with the leadership of theses groups, the people are all great, nice, patriotic guys but either are dumb bunnies and unicorns or are on a power trip. I have thought about forming a "survival group" for people here in Indy. Just a group of guys that get together like one a month to shoot together, maybe do some training classes, mock bug out camping trips, etc, etc...anyone interested PM me

Last edited by a moderator:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    The modern militias in IN suck! The second amendment clearly states "a well regulated militia" but speaking from experience joining several, NONE of the militias here would be classified as well regulated! I wanted to join because if SHTF there is safety in numbers. The main problem is with the leadership of theses groups, the people are all great, nice, patriotic guys but either are dumb sh*ts or are on a power trip. I have thought about forming a "survival group" for people here in Indy. Just a group of guys that get together like one a month to shoot together, maybe do some training classes, mock bug out camping trips, etc, etc...anyone interested PM me

So do we call you General or Colonel? :D

We have MSG's all ready established, these might be what you are looking for. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-mutual_support_groups_msgs_a_local_idea.html

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I have a general question and would like some input from you folks. I trust your opions as Gun Owners who are Law Abiding citizens.

Question: What is your opinon of the Indiana Militia?

As previously stated, there are several factions competing for that title, and they are not all friendly to each other.

None of them are worth joining IMO, as they tend to be nothing more than one guys personality cult - at least they were several years ago when I got curious regarding the matter. Steer clear.

IMO if you are looking for a way to protect your loved ones and your community in a time of need, then our own (INGO) MSGs are a better way to go. Look some of the other members up, go shooting with them, and talk things over.

Stay active and in touch with your local MSG and you will be better served, and probably manage to stay off of a watch list. ;)

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I am not a member of any militia, but am pretty sure that I must be on a list or two because I vote for the most conservative candidate, have a firearm or two, used to belong to the Military Book Club and bought several books on topics like survival, first aid and sniping, have attended many gun shows, am a member of the NRA and am a supporter of this web site. I am probably more of a suspicious character than most of the undesireables that currently reside in this country just for those reasons. If the law wants to see what I have, they are welcome to come and look for themselves as long as they clearly identify themselves and their intentions. Breaking down my door and forcing their way in will not make me a happy camper.

Top Bottom