Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    After I read this article I had to go do some quick research. I couldn't believe it when I read there names. SSG Metzger in the article was one of my E-5's on the my last Iraqi deployment. That guy was incrediable. He will be missed.. I got out but man he is still one of mine. We are all suppose to live forever.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    This is sad news. I know that the "war on terror" is essential, and that in war, there will always be casualties. But it's always heart-breaking when it falls so close to home.

My prayers go out to the families of these fine soldiers... and anyone here on INGO, who knew them, or is affected by their passing.

God Bless The U.S.A. :patriot:

Four Indiana National Guard soldiers killed - Local News - Indianapolis, IN - msnbc.com

OMG!!!! I knew about this last night! They were all friends of our daughter that she "hung out" with! She also knows one of the other soldiers who was in that unit, and he's the one who posted it on his FaceBook page, as well as texted her about it. It's so sad, especially since they were 4 of the nicest kids you could ever want to meet. She dated one of them for a while, and was crushed by the news. She cried for several hours over it, and there was only so much I could do to comfort her. There is no explanation or answer for what happened that can justify the "WHY?? WHY did this have to happen to them???" question.

Our prayers are with the families of these fine, brave young men, and also for the friends that they left behind. I think the kids are planning a memorial service for them, I'm not sure on the details tho. If I get her "ok", I'll post the time and location if anyone wants to go and pay their respects. This is just such a sad tragedy, they were supposed to come home relatively soon, and would have been stationed here, as well as returning to a more "normal" life instead. Now they're coming home, but not in the way that was expected. :(

7th Stepper

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    We take our freedom for granted. The National Guardsmen gave their lives for us. I will keep them and their families in my prayers.

Top Bottom