• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    There is a wallet with a few hundred dollars buried on my moms in Georgetown. A friend of hers accidentally dropped it in the hole of her outhouse a few years back. Last year they dug a new hole, moved the outhouse and filled the old hole in. I know the exact location but don't have any interest in digging the :poop: up myself.

On my property my son found the lid to an old military ammo box. It might not be treasure to everyone but it is to a young boy. :)

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm looking for an interesting topic to film a documentary and want to focus on buried treasure in or around the Indiana. I plan on picking one So what do you know? Is there anything buried in these hills?:popcorn: Thx

I know where all the bodies are buried.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Jim Genna buried a very large amount of money contained in a steel box. He placed them under a rock pile in a pasture. Good luck finding this one.

That's right in my neighborhood, never heard the story before. I better start lookin.;)

My son's girlfriend's dad and a few buddies excavate the former sites of outhouses. It's amazing what people threw down those holes.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Examples of outhouse treasures?

Old liquor bottles, tons of old liquor bottles, silverware, knives, tools, toys, etc. Glass is generally all that survives intact, but sometimes they get lucky and metallic objects survive as well. He has one old rusted chunk-o-metal that was probably a Colt revolver when it went in the hole. Personally, I think they are just looking for an excuse to get away from the wives, play in the dirt and drink beer.;)

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Never been lucky enough to find anything really good. Found some of my old hot wheels and such in the back yard. Many coins, liberty dimes, wheat pennies ect. Found an old scythe in my grandparents woods. Coolest thing I found was an old Ford centercap. It has ford in red. Pretty sure they had one on one of those metal detecting or treasure hunting shows on history channel. It was 1/4 of the cap and went for like 300. This one is about 3/4 there.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    In Corydon, IN, there was a battle during the Civil War. I hear about people finding cannonballs still to this day. That whole site may be an interesting topic.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Also, where they are building the new bridges between Jeffersonville and Louisville, I remember reading last week that some old pottery was dug up along the river. I'm sure some light searching online would produce something.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've found iron junk and various bottles from around the turn of the last century around our house. Clearly there were homes here in 1900 or so. Nothing I would remotly call treasure. Probably need to be near a river town to find really old stuff.

Top Bottom