• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yep, they're in the majority now, so they're looking for new ways to raise revenue and make us pay. Commuter taxes, raising the COIT for "public safety" (actually a dem is sponsoring this one), new municipal income taxes, red light cameras (those have worked out so well in other places), expanding the jurisdiction of campus cops (guess they'll be writing more tickets off campus) and who knows how many other taxes are due to pop up. Fortunately, there are people keeping a watch on what's new this go around. No doubt we'll have plenty of anti-liberty stuff onboard, too.

Revenue, Revenue, Revenue: A Look at the General Assembly’s New Taxes

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Red light cameras? Ugh.

:spend:

To be fair, I have never lived in a place where so many people ran red lights in my life. I almost got hit more than a dozen times in the 4 years I lived in IN by people thinking "its only a little red and I deserve to get through the light". Unlike speeding this one is a safety issue. however, I doubt it would even be enforced, I witnessed police officers directly ignore people doing it multiple times.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    To be fair, I have never lived in a place where so many people ran red lights in my life. I almost got hit more than a dozen times in the 4 years I lived in IN by people thinking "its only a little red and I deserve to get through the light". Unlike speeding this one is a safety issue. however, I doubt it would even be enforced, I witnessed police officers directly ignore people doing it multiple times.

You've obviously never lived near Chicago. People are down right angelic down here compared to Chicago traffic.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You might have a point here, except that every study done on red light cameras shows that they do absolutely nothing to increase safety at intersections. In fact, there are slightly more rear endings that occur. Red light cameras are about one thing and one thing only. Revenue generation. The cameras are run by private companies who split the take with local municipalities. Often times they redo the lights at intersections to shorten them, just so they can drive up tickets. That's why Arizona has gotten rid of theirs. They saw how it was affecting actual safety and ditched them. The last thing we need is red light cameras, unless tptb want to foot the cost of replacing them as people use them for target practice.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yep, they're in the majority now, so they're looking for new ways to raise revenue and make us pay. Commuter taxes, raising the COIT for "public safety" (actually a dem is sponsoring this one), new municipal income taxes, red light cameras (those have worked out so well in other places), expanding the jurisdiction of campus cops (guess they'll be writing more tickets off campus) and who knows how many other taxes are due to pop up. Fortunately, there are people keeping a watch on what's new this go around. No doubt we'll have plenty of anti-liberty stuff onboard, too.

Revenue, Revenue, Revenue: A Look at the General Assembly’s New Taxes

So why don't you guys elect someone to the Assembly that will prevent these shenanigans?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The great thing about being retired in a rural area is I won't drive where the cameras are or buy anything in that locality.:D

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    So why don't you guys elect someone to the Assembly that will prevent these shenanigans?

that aint gonna happen... the system is set up so that only the people who do what the party wants can get in... the two parties are pretty close,,,so more of the same comes on down the pike...

isnt voting just doing what weve been doing??? how is that going to change anything???

Top Bottom