INDIANA STATE POLICE SPEEDING TICKET BLITZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    My new job has my office located in a police station. Working there and meeting all the cops is a much different experience than meeting a cop when he (or she) asks you for your license and registration. :D Real nice bunch of people...they've got families and do the things that the rest of us do. They've just got that thankless job of enforcing the law.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    State Cops have been thick between Bedford and Bloomington for months. I will easily pass 5 or six on the way to Bedford. And since when did state cops start doing DOT inspections. I've heard of stories where they are pulling over pick-up trucks towing lawn mowers and giving DOT inspections.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    They are all paranoid rednecks. And I feel sorry for the good gun owners that have to be associated with them. (yes theyr 1 or 2 good gun owners).

I don't suppose you see the problem with your statement, now that I've switched a couple of variables around, do you? :rolleyes:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    State Cops have been thick between Bedford and Bloomington for months. I will easily pass 5 or six on the way to Bedford. And since when did state cops start doing DOT inspections. I've heard of stories where they are pulling over pick-up trucks towing lawn mowers and giving DOT inspections.

As far as I know the ISP has been doing truck inspections and manning the weigh stations since their inception. I have several friends who pull trailers with backhoes, loaders etc and ISP has been stopping and enforcing rigid interpretation of the motor vehicle code. Everyone that I had spoken with had been ticketed with the option of complying with the code and the Violations were rescinded once compliance was achieved.

ISP: Career Overview

The Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division is composed of Troopers and civilian enforcement personnel know as, Motor Carrier Inspectors. The primary purpose of the division is to make Indiana's roadways safer by enforcing Federal and state regulations pertaining to commercial motor vehicle transportation.
    Motor Carrier Inspectors (MCIs) comprise approximately seventy percent of the division's total personnel and are considered the backbone of the division. MCI personnel are assigned throughout the state to operate Indiana's ten permanent scale facilities. Motor Carrier Inspectors also aid the eighteen district post facilities with commercial vehicle enforcement and educational programs. They are instrumental in providing technical information support to the public, other law enforcement agencies and the transportation industry.
    Motor Carrier Inspector instruction is some of the most challenging, technical training the Department offers. Training involves dealing with commercial motor vehicle drivers and inspectors must gain mechanical knowledge about vehicle systems and their operations.
    Motor Carrier Inspectors have been a valuable member of the Indiana State Police for over 50 years. With the increase in commercial vehicle traffic, Motor Carrier Inspectors will continue to play an important role with the Indiana State Police.

Responsibilities
    • Enforcement of motor carrier truck and bus laws within their scope of authority.
    • Pursue enforcement actions when required.
    Duties
    • Check working order of scales prior to use.
    • Conduct inspections of applicable vehicles for safety registration, proper operator papers, permits, documentation and proper safety equipment.
    • Weigh trucks on permanent and/or portable scales
    • Complete proper reports on each enforcement action taken.
    • Set up portable scales in order to weigh trucks.
    • Testify in court.
    • Perform duties in conjunction with troopers to detect motor carrier violations and/or to weigh trucks at random on portable scales.
    • Ensure violator vehicles are properly secured.
    • Inform county prosecutors on motor carrier violations and technicalities for preparation of trials.
    • Assist and inform trucking companies and motorist regarding motor carrier laws.
    • Assist troopers and other police agencies with truck enforcement problems.
    • Keep assigned equipment in condition pursuant to Standard Operating Procedure.
    • Perform school bus inspections.
    • Submit daily and monthly reports.
    • Train, assist and supervise Motor Carrier Inspector Trainees in performing the required tasks.
    • Participate in the Safety Audit Program as required

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I think the 55mph on 465 is a load of crap...I mean, com'on...if you drive 55mph you are going to get ran over and cause a pile-up since everybody else drives every bit of 65mph plus some. It's a hazard and is contradicting what they claim to be doing..."saving lives"

dvcr8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I just did 400+ miles today half of it from Fishers to KY line and back... only saw one LEO with lights flashing and that was at 126th and 37 tonight. If they're out there, I guess I missed them.

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I went to Tipton yesterday for a farm auction and saw 4 troopers with vehicles stopped and 3 of them were pulling trailers. Two of the trailer stops had the driver and trooper looking at the trailer. I was on 31 and driving the speed limit and had poeple passing me like I was sitting still.

Fire

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Feds haven't done anything with us since there was nothing to fix.

Um, yeah, other than IMPD's involvement in trafficking drugs, no, I guess there is nothing to fix. Move along, nothing to see here.:D

Nothing to fix=>3 IMPD Officers Arrested On Drug Charges - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

More stories about how you beat them like a drum would be most impressive.

O.K., if you insist. I filed a TR 36, Request for Admissions, and got the GIMP to admit that I was not driving over the speed limit and that he made up my speed. Prosecution then dismissed. Hmmm, somehow it's more exciting when I tell it in person, probably because I enhance it with space robots, fireballs and explosions, and sword fights.:D

waiting with great anticipation for more gripping tales of how some people are wronged by the evil, crooked po-po

I have no other forged speeding tickets, just that one in the summer of 2007. I've been hassled for obeying the law a couple of times, once in Wheatfield, once in Indianapolis.

I've already posted my story of being wronged by the evil, crooked GIMP in Broad Ripple. Nothing came of my complaint, but GIMPs have given up that coffee house and I now have the technology to record any future law-abiding activities that I do.

I'll post any other run ins I have the GIMPs as open carry season approaches. The law-abiding cannot give up on Indianapolis.:)

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Um, yeah, other than IMPD's involvement in trafficking drugs, no, I guess there is nothing to fix. Move along, nothing to see here.:D

Nothing to fix=>3 IMPD Officers Arrested On Drug Charges - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

How surprising, a lawyer maligning an entire 1700 member police force because of the action of 3 idiots in its ranks. When you make your living twisting facts and using technical tricks to achieve a desired outcome, what else can you expect?

Don't you have some ambulances to chase?

If this is any evidence of the objectivity of a "professional" in the legal field, color me unimpressed.

:rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How surprising, a lawyer maligning an entire 1700 member police force because of the action of 3 idiots in its ranks.

Now, now, let's not project. No one said the entire force, only you.

There are problems with IMPD obviously, as there are problems in all large police departments (heck, any large organization). It's unfair to paint with such a large brush as you did, Agent 007.

The important thing is that whether it is phony tickets or drug trafficking that the bad apples are stopped.:)

Don't you have some ambulances to chase?

Geez, tough room.:D

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    My best friends wife got stopped for 51 in a 30. From what he told me she got a summons over it. This was on friday.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I'm still confused as to why I-465 is 55 MPH at all. Should be 65 MPH. I-69 around Ft Wayne is the same way. :dunno:

Hhmmm, 69 through Fort Wayne is 65 mph last time I checked. And as soon as you get out of city limits it's 70! Atleast I thought. I live here and that's the speed I go...lol. Hope I'm right. I'll have to check that! :):

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Funny thing, I saw 3 state troopers today on HWY 27, north of Decatur. Not a single one of them had the radar turned on. I could visually see that 2 units did have the radar unit in the dash so it wasn't a matter of not having radar in the car, they just didn't have it turned on.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'm still confused as to why I-465 is 55 MPH at all. Should be 65 MPH. I-69 around Ft Wayne is the same way. :dunno:

The difference in keninomic in just the 10mph is unbelievable. just as how the bullet works out of a gun, its not the size of the object, its the speed that does the damage.

18750293116c9a9ce8d19ab074c080b7.png
    kinetic energy = mass x velocity squared

Why is this importand, people are soft and pink. We shouldn't be in such a rush to be getting places. Thats the reason there are so many accidents everyday. Not on my soap box, cuz.....I'm very guilty too. :twocents:

Top Bottom