• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    They should change it so the permission isn't necessary, or as a teacher apply and "shall" be able to carry as long licensed like average joe.

digitalmonster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ran into a guy today that said teachers should not be armed because police have a lot of training and are not spot on and it is hard for them.

I said police start as people too and if they can learn to do it so can teachers or any one else.

I guess all you teachers out there are a bunch of softies and can't handle a gun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Offer a class for free for local teachers/staff and petition the local school authority to grant permission.

I'm willing to do that. In fact, I've been saying so for a few years, but I never felt like it was a good to idea to "approach" some teachers about the idea.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Well, here's what's on the table for Va.
    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/12/arming-teachers-should-be-discussed-bob-mcdonnell-says-83230.html

http://wtvr.com/2012/12/18/should-virginia-teachers-carry-guns/

A former SPD administrator, or chief, is in support too. Not just any teacher, but qualified ones, with SPD training to hone skills. Tactical skills.

Let's face it, any good firearm in the school is great, making sure the authorized ones are well trained is golden. No need to allow civilians like us in to complicate matters, imho. Done correctly, this could be a very good thing.

As a side note, I made two converts today. Eating at a resturaunt after leaving the wife in the hospital, I overheard two guys talking about it and against it. I pointed out all the good, etc and was at least being listened too, not hollered at. Finally, I said picture our kids sitting there waiting for the PD. An idiot could club them all to death. :(

Then, I said to look where we are in the corner. "Put yourselves in the kids place, knowing you have to call PD and wait while that dude is between us and the door. How safe do you feel? Can you feel the kids pain? Well, if that really happened like this and a BG stepped in here right now and didn't take me out in his first volley, I'd take him out and save you and the kids.":dunno: Their eyes got a tad wide, and then they got it.
    Well, two more people are going to support the Gov.

Flame me all you want about saying we should stay out of the schools, armed, but with undercovers there watching for 'things', it could be unsafe. Now if they get to know you, etc, etc, etc, and allow you in, that's all and well. Thing is, the arriving PD will know who the undercovers are, but not us, no matter how well meaning we are.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I would be happy to train school teachers who get authorized to carry in schools.

Rhino if you or anyone is willing to train places contact Senator Tomes office at his office or email him. He will be introducing a bill to arm teachers. I for one would take the training and volunteer my time at school to protect our children. :patriot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino if you or anyone is willing to train places contact Senator Tomes office at his office or email him. He will be introducing a bill to arm teachers. I for one would take the training and volunteer my time at school to protect our children. :patriot:
    Thanks!

po7g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I was thinking about this the other night and they dont even have to be carrying all the time, you can get those mountable safes that use finger codes or finger prints to open and they could just have it on the desk that way no child can just get the gun

Top Bottom