• ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Sorry Guys I just dont get the Big Deal about the XD
    they are ok I suppose but before Springfield bought them and they were a small company in Croatia no one really cared for or about them
    Just gos to show what the power of advertising will do for a product
    Why even post in this topic then ?:n00b:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Looks like I am in good company with my XD. I know the debate is non-stop over XD and Glock. I think you should shoot and carry what you trust. I own other guns also but love the shoot and carry my XD45C.

I have a Ruger LCP BUG.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Sorry Guys I just dont get the Big Deal about the XD
    they are ok I suppose but before Springfield bought them and they were a small company in Croatia no one really cared for or about them
    Just gos to show what the power of advertising will do for a product
    I was introduced to this product by a couple of friends, not advertising.
    As a result of the introduction by said friends, I purchased one...... the rest is ...as they say... history. :lmfao:
    Really though, if you are new to shooting, OR just tired of all the glock propaganda, and you try out an XD you will find the upmost of comfort in your hand, bulletproof construction (pun intended), flawless operation. and about $100 (on average) less costley than glock.
    It's a no-brainer..... for those of us with brains. :):

That last part was intended to be a joke please do NOT take it personally.

Last edited:

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    XD

I take no offense to the joke at the end of Your post
    I am not new to shooting nor am I blinded by the Glock ads LOL
    I have a Glock but dont really like it and purchased it at almost 150.00 less than an XD , I use it in My duties so thats why I carry it at times ( I have no choice )
    I am just not a fan of the Plastic weapons platform no matter who makes it and besides I prefer to buy American

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    I was introduced to thi sproduct by a couple of friends, not advertising.
    As a result of the introduction by said friends, I purchased one...... the rest is ...as they say... history. :lmfao:
    Same here, only it was the guy behind the counter instead of some friends. I actually was planning on purchasing a 1911, Sig P220, or G21 instead. The shop owner pulled an XD-45 out of the case and said, "Tell me what you think of this one. I've hardly sold any Glocks since I started carrying these." Well, I put the cash on the barrel head there and walked out the door with it (3 days later :xmad:). I still want a P220 and a 1911 though. :D

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I take no offense to the joke at the end of Your post
    I am not new to shooting nor am I blinded by the Glock ads LOL
    I have a Glock but dont really like it and purchased it at almost 150.00 less than an XD , I use it in My duties so thats why I carry it at times ( I have no choice )
    I am just not a fan of the Plastic weapons platform no matter who makes it and besides I prefer to buy American

As much as I wouldn't like a plastic frame, I found them to be just as comfortable and lighter to carry. But each to his own...

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I picked up an XD-9 service a few months ago for doing things in the summer like riding my mountain bike or sailing. I usually like a 1911 or Browning HP and not plastic but the plastic is good for those activities.

I almost bought a Glock 19 but as much as I've handled them they don't feel right in my hand. The XD is extremely accurate for me and even though I haven't had a chance to shoot it a whole lot it has been 100%.

chaad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2008
    No, they are ugly.

So am I. Love my XD45C. I shot one my friend owned, and first magazine I did better than with my own hardware. I thought that anything I shoot that well that naturally should be in my safe. Bought one one the way home from the range and am still glad I did.

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room

haha here is mine

springfield001.jpg

Top Bottom