• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As an aside.. Please indulge me a point of personal privilege. The late great Mike "Beard Guy" Taylor who passed away unexpectedly a few years ago. He was quirky and would appear in their videos and without a word would show up and disappear as a quite humorous bit. He had amazing talent. This is but a small sliver of it. By far my favorite. As in if somebody said "what's your favorite Christmas song?" it wouldnt be "_______" it would be "OMG! YOU HAVE GOT TO LISTEN TO THIS SONG!!!!!!!"

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    The machines do work relatively well, but only so far as they can be enforced.
    Congratulations, you found one. Are you as some low paid, unarmed rent a cop going to try to disarm them? Are you going to deny entry to someome, who if they really wanted to, could instead step over your corpse? It's a pipe dream.
    Suppose you have armed security, will the threats not adapt? Knives, OC, razor blades hidden in clothing, sharpened carbon-fiber tubes, narcotics; I can say with first hand knowledge these items CAN and HAVE made it through some very robust security.
    These things don't eliminate violence, they remove the best means of defense would be victims have. The elderly, young, women, and disabled don't have the luxury of physical dominance.

Outside of that. Stop giving money to people who hate you. I've stopped attending events that "require" me to disclose my medical history or disarm. I've stopped donating to organizations that claim to be noble while actively pursuing to criminalize or marginalize my existence.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yep. Youtube is full of their music. They dont have a corner on the market. And in some cases, the view is better while hearing awesome classics. (her skills are amazing)

I think it would be tempting for male (or even some female) section members to work out an agreement with each other, to make the rehearsal drag on forever:

"Ms. Buniatishvili, could we please repeat the ending? Twang messed up the percussion part...A-gain..."

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    A common retort to this is to stop patronizing businesses with these policies.

But what about when the cost of the technology drops to where _every_ business can have it? Especially if it becomes so commonplace, that employees "demand" it? Are you really going to quit going to grocery stores the rest of your life? Even if you use home delivery, you're still giving them your money, so the cost of your noncompliance will still fall on you.

I see this as just another brick in the wall of Amazon taking over the world.

Similarly, although I'm not a lawyer, I can't see laws forcing the establishment to ensure your safety being effective. This is going to be like Amazon and Social Media kicking Parlor off the airwaves. We have a Constitution to protect us against the government, but unfortunately, the Constitution wasn't designed for a world where private business willingly participates in enforcing tyranny "on behalf of" the government. Every one of these places is voluntary for you to go into, and a simple "enter at your own risk - we do not ensure your safety against third parties" posting would seem to get the business past any legal obligation.

The unfortunate fact is that most people don't carry guns and have no intention to, and therefore, they're more afraid of the "other person" having a gun, than they are of not having one themselves. Wrong reasoning, in my opinion, but stupidity is not illegal.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The unfortunate fact is that most people don't carry guns and have no intention to, and therefore, they're more afraid of the "other person" having a gun, than they are of not having one themselves. Wrong reasoning, in my opinion, but stupidity is not illegal.
    Nailed it! Sadly…

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    It was my impression that such scanners or at least more primative scanners have been in use on NYC on the streets for sometime. I swear I had this conversation about a 10yrs ago. About how if they are scanning now how can they enforce that? Would it allow for stop and kiss? But then again I often find myself in a fairytale of an unrecognizable world.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I really think we are living in a sunny springtime right now, where we can carry guns, and go almost anywhere. Once the technology catches up, the stuff discussed above is going to be as common as corporate mission statements. We're going to be re-delivered right back into the same "conformist compliance society" our parents and grandparents tolerated for so long.

We are going to look back someday, and realize the 90s, 2000s and 2010s were the golden age of American civilization:

* All the genuine (read: non-fabricated) great civil rights issues of our past had been fairly and effectively addressed, and opportunity was available to anyone who really wanted it bad enough

* China was still relegated to its rightful role as a sh!thole society with no right to control anything

* we had a free and permissive internet nobody had learned to control, and anyone offended by it (left or right) just had to STFU

* companies and their lobbyists focused on issues mostly related to their ability to make money, stayed out of all other issues, and our consumer choices were still relatively unencumbered by tightly-drawn "corporate mission statements"

* the economy mostly was booming, with occasional hiccups, and the idea that prosperity was not controversial, and should be hampered as little as possible, still prevailed in government

* "Control Freaks" were still seen as the loser-dorks they truly are, and the tech oligarchs had not yet "gained scale" on the technologies that would give these deviants control of every aspect of peoples' lives.

If you enjoy carrying your gun in public right now, well...enjoy it. This is an approximately 30-year anomaly in the history of mankind, which was totally unprecedented, and will never be repeated again. Sure, you'll still have the right to carry. But if you're not a grizzly adams type living in an off-grid trailer in the woods, and want to have a somewhat normal life, privately-deployed technology will eventually force you to "unload and make safe" inside your vehicle before going into almost any "public" place.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yep. Youtube is full of their music. They dont have a corner on the market. And in some cases, the view is better while hearing awesome classics. (her skills are amazing)

Ok, that was entertaining.

I've enjoyed the symphony in the past but have always done so armed. With content like this online, who needs the symphony

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's not that most people don't carry guns, it's that most people relinquished ALL self defense to a 3rd party. Carrying a gun is just a small part of that issue. They don't carry knives, don't train, can't punch, can't take a punch, have never been punched in the face, or have never been in a fight in their lives. They don't see past their noses, have no situational awareness, and would walk right into a robbery if someone didn't stop them. Sheep be sheep'n.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's not that most people don't carry guns, it's that most people relinquished ALL self defense to a 3rd party. Carrying a gun is just a small part of that issue. They don't carry knives, don't train, can't punch, can't take a punch, have never been punched in the face, or have never been in a fight in their lives. They don't see past their noses, have no situational awareness, and would walk right into a robbery if someone didn't stop them. Sheep be sheep'n.
    You forgot... but they're "experts" on armchair quarterbacking

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Hats off to the guy playing the cello and some others in the string section. That took will power to keep from being distracted.
    ;)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And they also seek to **** off those of us who do carry. Seems less than intelligent on multiple fronts.

Top Bottom