• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I want to shoot better. I'm not a very good shot with pistols or rifles. I'm also not very coordinated. Can anyone recommend someone or a place around Indianapolis where I could acquire some training? I've been shooting for some years--I just want to be better. Please also let me know if this is not the proper sub forum. Thank you!

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We offer a wide variety of training options including private lessons. We are located at E. Washington and S. State Ave. in Indianapolis. All shooting done indoors. PM or see our website indygunsafety.com.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Coach IS a good choice.. We also a couple of instructors that offer private lessons indoors at Parabellum Firearms in Avon. IN.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    Pointers:

1.) Make sure your weapon is clean and ready for a work out.
    2.) Make sure you've saved up a $300 for ammo, $400 is preferred....
    3.) Most important - LISTEN TO COACH - he will get you were you need to go.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll add to the pile-on. Coach is an excellent instructor. I need to get back to him and get some more handgun training myself.

For rifle I suggest Project Appleseed (before it goes extinct in Indiana) or Revere's Riders. As a former Instructor with Appleseed I have full faith and confidence in the curriculum and methods. The Instructors are top-notch. Get to an event while they are still on the schedule.

Revere's Riders is just coming on line. It is made up of former Appleseed Instructors who decided that Appleseed was no longer the best venue to pursue our goals. As such you can expect the same high-quality training with an expanded offering of classes (pistol, shotgun, known and unknown distance rifle) as the organization matures. Visit the Revere's Riders sub-forum to learn more. Revere's Riders

C ya,

brian

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I agree, Coach is great and there is another group I like as well called The Shooting Institute run by Bud Lich. Check them out at shootinginstitute.com.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    For rifle I suggest Project Appleseed (before it goes extinct in Indiana) or Revere's Riders. As a former Instructor with Appleseed I have full faith and confidence in the curriculum and methods. The Instructors are top-notch. Get to an event while they are still on the schedule.

Revere's Riders is just coming on line. It is made up of former Appleseed Instructors who decided that Appleseed was no longer the best venue to pursue our goals.

Can you elaborate on this? I want to attend an Appleseed but didn't realize there was turmoil. Is the program truly in trouble or is there some type of internal politics involved?

Top Bottom