• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock32j

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Danville IN
    Was anybody else so cramped you just wanted to leave? I wonder if the Indy 1500 guys have thought about moveing to the new convention center?
    Pros and Cons.......

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I understand how crowded it was in there this weekend. Stop and think though, how long ago was it this crowded before this weekend? Yes you have an hour or two with each show that is usually crowded but NOTHING like this weekend. This weekend was NOT normal.
    Bigger venue is going to cost more money. Everyone already thinks it's to expensive to park and get in, you won't pay more. I have a feeling if everyone was served caviar coming in the door you wouldn't be happy either. :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Pros would include getting to a location where some can feel more comfortable; more room for people to walk; and could possibly increase the number of vendors and possibly get some manufacturers to show up to display prototypes and next years models.

This could be the midwest equivilant of the Las Vegas show.

Cons would be, possibly losing some of the faithful attendees; higher cost sure to increased venue cost; higher price for parking; and the show could possibly lose some of the smaller venders due to the increased cost.

smswartz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Lebanon
    i doubt the CIB would allow guns in the convention center..
    They allowed the archery show there earlier this month. So why not a gun show. Also, I would have to believe that the cost to use convention center is much more than the fairgrounds, so in the end you pay more to get in and pay more for the stuff you buy as the vendors are trying to recoup the higher vendor fees.

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    a few of the vendors got in trouble for moving tables to the outside of the 6 foot endcap... choking the aisle space by 2 more feet...

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I saw a number of empty tables... would have been nice to just spread out the aisles a little bit. Even an extra foot of room on some of those aisles would make them at least passable.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    not being able to see all the goods hurts sales for the vendors. they are losing out bigtime. I can't buy what i can't see. And i was planning on buying alot:(

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Pros:
    *Distributors and producers could bring prototypes and new products
    *The higher quality if the venue sour get rid of the gypsies selling squirrel jerkey and chinese airsofts
    *More room for more vendors
    *More room to walk and browse
    *Food local and nearby
    *Indoor walking to and from parking
    *Easy hotel access

CONS:
    *If the cost of setting up a table goes up, you may drive away smaller vendors.
    *Those used "deals of the century" will dry up if the above happens
    *Parking. A lot of us don't drive Prius Toyotas.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    A Gun Show at the Convention Center downtown Indpls????
    Wow that would be expensive. Parking would cost more also.
    I seriously doubt if that would work at all.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    im for it, the parking $ isnt the end of the world to me if its covered and has a covered walkway to the facility!
    the food venues that would also be closer would be a way better thing then what we currently have.

either way id still be going!

bouncerclub

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Maybe its just because people left before the third room but it sure seemed they could have spread a few of the booths in the middle to that one and opened the isles a little better. I've not been in a few years but isn't the building they use for the boat sport and travel show available?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Most of the complaints I hear are the prices, you think $3 for parking is bad, how about $10 plus at least $20 to get in, no way should they move it downtown, maybe move a few tables into the side rooms would help and set the tables and remove any vendor that moves them.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not very familiar with the other buildings available at the fairgrounds. Are there bigger ones than the South Pavilion? If there were, perhaps simply moving across the lot would be better.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not very familiar with the other buildings available at the fairgrounds. Are there bigger ones than the South Pavilion? If there were, perhaps simply moving across the lot would be better.

Ok, so according to the State Fairgrounds website, the South Pavilion is NOT the largest building.

Indiana State Fairgrounds

Maybe they could simply move it to the West Pavilion? It's 30k sq.ft. bigger.

layout.gif

thindman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Indy
    I think this would be an awesome idea. It was so crowded in there I didn't feel like I had the time to just browse and look for a good deal. I would think that the vendors would want some kind of a change too so that folks like me with money to spend could find a good deal rather than buying a few small accessories and leaving.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

I think that's the biggest building out there, they could open the garage doors and use the back room where the vendors unload and load, or use a couple buildings

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I understand how crowded it was in there this weekend. Stop and think though, how long ago was it this crowded before this weekend? Yes you have an hour or two with each show that is usually crowded but NOTHING like this weekend. This weekend was NOT normal.
    Bigger venue is going to cost more money. Everyone already thinks it's to expensive to park and get in, you won't pay more. I have a feeling if everyone was served caviar coming in the door you wouldn't be happy either. :dunno:

The show could stand a change of venue, a larger building would be so much better. But I hear what you are saying Mrs. TSG. However please consider there is always room for improvement.

This subject has been discussed many times here on INGO. I think little is going to change. so I say buck up little campers. :popcorn:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Ok, so according to the State Fairgrounds website, the South Pavilion is NOT the largest building.

Indiana State Fairgrounds

Maybe they could simply move it to the West Pavilion? It's 30k sq.ft. bigger.

layout.gif

The problem with the West Pavilion is the concrete stalls in there, might be more room but not layed out very good for a gun show

Top Bottom