• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    I know that the current state of affairs will probably make a lot of the usual deals hard to make. But this will be my first 1500 and I was curious if any of vets could maybe steer me in the right direction as to how to make the trip a success and perhaps intice me to come back.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I know that the current state of affairs will probably make a lot of the usual deals hard to make. But this will be my first 1500 and I was curious if any of vets could maybe steer me in the right direction as to how to make the trip a success and perhaps intice me to come back.

This will be my first too. I come back from WA on the 18th, so just in time.

68chappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    re

I too am hoping tomake the 1500 for th first time..any pointers on which day is best I can only make one?

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Friday if you are seeking the best deals from dealers, Saturday morning if you are looking to make a nice pick from a "walk-through". This particular show promises to be crazy busy and a sellers market so just be aware.

Hoosierboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    I will not be attending. Usually the room is packed to the gills. I have gone on Fridays and Saturdays and Sundays. Each day has thier advantage. On Fridays the line to get in was like an Aerosmith concert. Can't even imagine how crazy it will get in there while this mass hysteria is going on. I've seen and bought some cool items, but by and large, local gun shops can get the same things at the same prices.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I will not be attending. Usually the room is packed to the gills.

I have only seen ONE show that has been packed in the 2+ years we have been setting up. And I'll state that because the Fire Marshall was restricting additional entry. Aside from that it has never been packed since Jan '09 in my opinion.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I have only seen ONE show that has been packed in the 2+ years we have been setting up. And I'll state that because the Fire Marshall was restricting additional entry. Aside from that it has never been packed since Jan '09 in my opinion.

this coming from a seller/vendor:rolleyes: Most 1500s I have been to are quite uncomfortable and this one I fear will be the worst yet. That said, I still may go for the entertainment factor:dunno:

reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    I normally dont miss the 1500. However, went to the last one, and there was a line, half way around the bldg to get in on Sunday at 11 AM. I fear that this one will be worse. I just went the Ft Wayne Gunslinger Gun Show which is a very small show. Most of the dealers had very little inventory. 5.56 ammo was going for over $550 per 1000 rds-and one table had PMC Green Tip for $25 per 20 rds. There was a line that extended the entire length of the Kays Merchandise bldg. I would suspect, that the same will be for the 1500-only worse.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Its always interesting how if there are not alot of individuals walking around with guns everyone complains that the show was a bust because there were not any deals.

But the flip side if there are two many people walking around the show is a bust because the crowds.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    this coming from a seller/vendor:rolleyes: Most 1500s I have been to are quite uncomfortable and this one I fear will be the worst yet. That said, I still may go for the entertainment factor:dunno:

And that somehow negates my opinion? Almost half of the 1500s that have occurred since Obama took office I have attended solely as a consumer, and I still will make the rounds to see what I need now that I'm on the other side of the table.

OMG-ZOMBIES

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Stop by ZX Guns, if you can get close to the table you will see why they sell a lot of guns at the show. I waited an hour to check out the last time. Never saw so many people buying guns at one time.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I think there will be long lines. The price of ammo is likely to be much higher this year. I went to the recent show in Greenfield. There was a long line to get in at 15 minutes before the show opened and wall to wall people once I was in. Prices on bulk ammo had jumped greatly from the previous month. I hope somehow there are some rational prices on ammo and guns.... may be very disappointing if prices stay this high. I can't see buying guns or ammo at these prices.

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    Given the expected crowds, is this show worth a drive from Fort Wayne? Hate to have to look at the tables from three people deep.

I think you hit the nail on the head with what i was getting at in my original question. i just cant seem to phrase my questions right in a forum setting. i am planning on going sunday and would be driving from evansville. not all on sunday of course. maybe my entourage will camp out on saturday night.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    ZX Guns is the place to go, picked up a XD9 and some Pmags for a great price this weekend at the show. Most of the other vendor stuff was way overpriced. 1000 rd of 5.56 for 650...

SerereWarrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Last year's show was a madhouse. I stood in line outside the building for about an hour on Saturday only to be bumped, jostled and hit it in the head by an idiot shoulder carrying a large rifle. I won't be attending this year.

Top Bottom