• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BS, we are trained to articulate the FACTS, not make them up.
    Not speaking to your training or any LEO training anywhere in the state of Indiana, but I know that police, when they do not have the facts, either through basic ignorance of events or because of poor recollection, are not above outright fabrication of events that did not happen, or of blatantly ignoring facts that color a situation against the officer's interests. Not remotely claiming it's rampant, but it does happen.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Not speaking to your training or any LEO training anywhere in the state of Indiana, but I know that police, when they do not have the facts, either through basic ignorance of events or because of poor recollection, are not above outright fabrication of events that did not happen, or of blatantly ignoring facts that color a situation against the officer's interests. Not remotely claiming it's rampant, but it does happen.
    Perhaps but we are not TRAINED to do this as alleged. Those actions sit squarely on the shoulders of the officers who do it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    As I watched this again it became quite obvious to me that C8 thinks they might have a story. It appears the real motivation is tooting their own horn. It is more about what we have found, done and took straight to the top than the story it self. BTW I didn't know anyone even watched local news any more. I sure don't.

Bottom line is the old dude was acting like a douche. I would bet the audio would be interesting. And as others have said there is WAY more to this than what we see.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I agree that there has to be more to the story. Unfortunately, I don't know if the "rest of the story" will justify taking an old man down twice. Being a douche is not against the law. If it were :ingo:might be little more than :tumbleweed:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like in the first take down he gave the old finger wagger a throat hug.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    It's possible that the old man made his fingers form the shape of a gun. Which we all know from reports of kids being suspended from school for this very thing means that it is a real gun. If we had audio we would probably hear the officer yell "FINGER GUN!" just before taking the man down.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It's possible that the old man made his fingers form the shape of a gun. Which we all know from reports of kids being suspended from school for this very thing means that it is a real gun. If we had audio we would probably hear the officer yell "FINGER GUN!" just before taking the man down.

You know - I think it did look like a fingergun that he made at the officer.
    You might have something here. It all makes perfect since now. We all know how dangerous making gun shapes can be in public. We've all seen the news. If anything, it's a violation of the four gun rules.

It looked like that guy swept that cop right in the face, too.

Hey Mainjet - Why is your post in purple, anyway. :dunno:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    From the time the officer started talking to them to the time of the take down was 16 seconds. What the hell could the old guy have done in 16 seconds to **** this guy off that bad and then fail to mention it in his report?

Top Bottom