• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Hey everyone. The wife and I are heading to Plainfield/Avon area this weekend to visit some friends and the wife gave me the go ahead to spend a little money. I was wondering what a couple good gun shops around the Indy area that have Firearms, reloading, and gunsmithing type items. We drove past a couple of shops on our way home last time we were there, but I can't remember the names. They were on Rockville Rd. I will probably vistit those as well. Really I'm just wondering everyone's top 3 around the Indy area. Aaaannnd GO.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had good experiences at Plainfield Shooting Supply, Profire, Bradis and U.S.Defense Solutions. All of those are within 15 minutes of one another. If you start at PSS, then got to Profire next and then take the Ameriplex Parkway over to Kentucky to Bradis and then cut through Camby to Southport rd over to Hwy 37 and down to USDS, it will keep the whole thing pretty short and maximize gun/reloading shop time.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I've had good experiences at Plainfield Shooting Supply, Profire, Bradis and U.S.Defense Solutions. All of those are within 15 minutes of one another. If you start at PSS, then got to Profire next and then take the Ameriplex Parkway over to Kentucky to Bradis and then cut through Camby to Southport rd over to Hwy 37 and down to USDS, it will keep the whole thing pretty short and maximize gun/reloading shop time.

this ^ Why not stop at Parabellum for a 1/2 hour or 1 hour shoot as well? Finding USDS may fool you once you pull off Hwy 37. Turn left coming south on 37 then turn right and their building is down just a little (NOT just after you turn right)

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    In order of preference..... US defense solutions: great selection for AR gear, great guys, good prices
    Bradis ( in camby): a lot to choose from, very knowledgable for the most part ( depends who you talk to), good prices
    Plainfield shooting supply: If you want to ask questions, go someplace else. Their customer service leaves much to be desired, but if you know what you want , their prices are hard to beat.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    My preference by far, is Bradis, you can't find better prices on guns anywhere else. Also Elmore's in Greenwood is another good place, especially if you smoke! I'm a non-smoker, so I don't go in there if I don't want to smell like an ashtray for the rest of the day. But don't let that stop you from checking out the place, they've got just about anything you could possibly want, and people that know their stuff, mostly cops, or retired cops.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    What is Fogo? I'm intrigued... I guess I will be visting USDS, Bradis, Plainfield Shooting Supply, and Profire... I'm going to be planning a route I can follow to max out my time.. I will check out Don's Guns because the last time I was there (6yrs ago) he was there and looked like he had been dead for about 11 years. Interested to see if he still looks like a corpse...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What is Fogo? I'm intrigued... I guess I will be visting USDS, Bradis, Plainfield Shooting Supply, and Profire... I'm going to be planning a route I can follow to max out my time.. I will check out Don's Guns because the last time I was there (6yrs ago) he was there and looked like he had been dead for about 11 years. Interested to see if he still looks like a corpse...

If you have time, you can jump on 465E after leaving Bradis or USDS and shoot down to the Emerson exit to head down to Beech Grove Firearms. It's at Emerson and Troy/Albany. Great place with a great staff that's worth a stop in. Also, if you have time to shoot, as recommended previously, Parabellum Firearms is just down Rockville Road in Avon. Nice range to perform some lead therapy :)

I should also say that Indy Trading Post is just a few minutes down Troy on Madison and would be a good stop before or after BGF, if you go out that far. Plenty of nice LGS around here!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

So ever seen a movie where a guy goes to a legal house of prostitution and they parade all the girls out for him to choose? Yeah, substitute the 15 hookers for 15 different types of meat on a skewer. Thats Fogo. Its a brazilian style steakhouse in downtown Indy. Its about $50/plate for all you can eat. (cheaper for salad bar only, and worth every penny) OUTSTANDING salad bar with everything from a chop salad to traditional brazilian cold dishes and even smoked fish and hams.

You get a double sided drink coaster when you sit down. Flip the green side up and Gauchos will wander by your table and offer you meat. (each guy has a different cut) If you want some, they will slice off a couple bites for you. a few moments later another Gaucho will come by with yet another cut. This will happen all evening until you flip your coaster over so it shows red. At that point they stop bugging you until you flip it back to green.

Its not cheap, but by God it is some of the tastiest meat I have had in my life.

ETA: if you go, there is a procedure to being served. They will approach and tell you what it is and ask what doneness you wish. They will start slicing then stop as the strip of meat starts to hang. You take the little tongs you normally would see for use with butter and grab the end of what he is cutting so it doesnt fall. As soon as you have a grip, he will finish the cut and you can place it on your plate. Typically each slice is about 3 bites. But have no fear, by the time you finish what appears to be a stingy piece of meat, someone will be along with more meat. (which is OK to decline if its just not your thing)

Last edited:

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think $50/plate may be the lunch price! As noted, the salad bar is awesome. It may be the only salad bar in the world built for beef-eating men...even I like it, and I'm not much for food my food eats.

Top Bottom