• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    And to top it all off...Indiana DOC just announced that Hardy should have not been out of prison yesterday. He should have been red flagged as being on parole the last time he was released. Then when he was arrested in December, he should have went back to prison as a parole violator.

But because DOC didn't didn't flag his file...the the parole violation was never seen.

This was all avoidable. :(

When the **** are they going to start keeping these bastards in jail?

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    It is ashame that it happened at all,
    It's especially sad that it happened under these circumstances.

Thoughts and prayers to the officer, his family and co-workers.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    IMO, the guilty party doesn't deserve the swift justice that some seem to support. In fact, with the suffering that he has caused to so many surrounding this story, the perp would be getting the easiest out if it was handled in such a manner.

Rather, I wouldn't have minded if they put the cuffs on real tight, accidentally slammed his head in the car door in the frantic attempt to get him in the back seat (due to the chaotic nature of the scene), forgot to fasten his seat belt and made numerous abrupt stops, based upon that cute little squirrel running across the road, and so on.

Who knows, maybe the janitor forgot to put the wet floor signs up after mopping the floor in the garage, processing area, the holding area, and the actual jail cell as well? I'm just saying, quick justice wouldn't be the same as equal justice.

* Edit - was I supposed to use purple text?

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I feel the need to comment here guys, bear with me on this.

I was there when this guy was apprehended yesterday (if you saw the video, I was at the back of the armored car, closest to the house). Obviously emotions were running extremely high as several guys on the team know Dave. All of the evidence that was known to me (us) on the SWAT team was circumstantial. Granted, it looked very condemning and I am confident that we had the right man, but the absolute, grand slam, no doubt about it evidence wasn't provided to us.

Make no mistake, if he had not casually walked out of that house when I started barking at him, if he hadn't obeyed every command I'd given him, there would have been little hesitation on our part to take care of business. He walked out and did everything I told him to do until someone else started giving commands then he followed theirs. He was not struck, kicked, punched, spit on or slammed on the ground. He was told to lay on the ground and he was handcuffed without a scratch on him.

I have made it a point to stay out of any threads pertaining to SWAT teams. First, because I would obviously disagree with a lot of folks and I have plenty of that already. Second, because I am a bit superstitious and don't want to jinx us. As I stated in another thread, allowing him to walk by me without doing what I really, really wanted to do was one of the most difficult things I've ever done but I'm proud that I didn't. I'm also proud of my team because while every one of them was feeling the same way I was, no one touched him. Not all people are the same, not all police officers are the same and not all SWAT teams operate in the same manner. I'm very proud of our team and the fact that you don't see us in the media other than to say "the man surrendered to the SWAT team" or "the man was taken into custody by the SWAT team without incident". We don't beat the hell out of people and I have personally served more than a dozen warrants where there were pit bulls running loose in the house and, aside from being a little shook up, were no worse for wear when we left.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Our justice system is such a failure.

It wouldnt surprise me in the least bit if he doesnt die in prison.

We need harsher penalties, especially violent crimes. I say HELL NO to time off for good behavior. We treat criminals way too good in this country. No wonder there are so many of them, they arent scared of the punishments.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I feel the need to comment here guys, bear with me on this.

I was there when this guy was apprehended yesterday (if you saw the video, I was at the back of the armored car, closest to the house). Obviously emotions were running extremely high as several guys on the team know Dave. All of the evidence that was known to me (us) on the SWAT team was circumstantial. Granted, it looked very condemning and I am confident that we had the right man, but the absolute, grand slam, no doubt about it evidence wasn't provided to us.

Make no mistake, if he had not casually walked out of that house when I started barking at him, if he hadn't obeyed every command I'd given him, there would have been little hesitation on our part to take care of business. He walked out and did everything I told him to do until someone else started giving commands then he followed theirs. He was not struck, kicked, punched, spit on or slammed on the ground. He was told to lay on the ground and he was handcuffed without a scratch on him.

I have made it a point to stay out of any threads pertaining to SWAT teams. First, because I would obviously disagree with a lot of folks and I have plenty of that already. Second, because I am a bit superstitious and don't want to jinx us. As I stated in another thread, allowing him to walk by me without doing what I really, really wanted to do was one of the most difficult things I've ever done but I'm proud that I didn't. I'm also proud of my team because while every one of them was feeling the same way I was, no one touched him. Not all people are the same, not all police officers are the same and not all SWAT teams operate in the same manner. I'm very proud of our team and the fact that you don't see us in the media other than to say "the man surrendered to the SWAT team" or "the man was taken into custody by the SWAT team without incident". We don't beat the hell out of people and I have personally served more than a dozen warrants where there were pit bulls running loose in the house and, aside from being a little shook up, were no worse for wear when we left.

THIS is true professionalism, and gets my highest respect.

Top Bottom