Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Pizza delivery man involved in shootout

Pizza delivery man involved in shootout

Updated: Thursday, 20 May 2010, 7:41 AM EDT
    Published : Thursday, 20 May 2010, 7:41 AM EDT
    • Reporter: Jacqueline Policastro
    • Editor: Hyacinth Williams
    INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Metro Police are looking for two men who allegedly attempted to rob a pizza delivery man and then tried to shoot him.

The incident happened in the 2000 block of North Bosart Avenue around 12:30 a.m. Thursday.

The pizza delivery man works for Aunt Polly’s Pizza on East Michigan Street.

He tells 24-Hour News 8 that when he arrived to the delivery home, two men were sitting on the porch. He says the two men told him to drop his pizza and hand over his money.

The delivery man says one of the suspects shot at him once then he shot back twice.

“He told his friend. He’s got a gun. Shoot him! Shoot him!,” said the deliver man who did not want to reveal his identity. “I just wanted to protect myself,” he added.

Police are looking for suspects.
    Anyone with information about this case is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at (317) 262-TIPS.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Good for him.. +1 for the pizza boy.

I hope he is getting applications for a new job today.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Good for him.. +1 for the pizza boy.

I hope he is getting applications for a new job today.

I don't think he'll need another job. As reported on another television station's website, the owner of the store has been requiring his drivers to carry guns for two years now.

Here: Pizza Driver, Would-Be Robbers Exchange Gunfire - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Two would-be robbers and a pizza delivery driver exchanged gunfire early Thursday morning after the men tried to rob the worker, police said.

The incident happened at about 12:30 a.m. in the 2000 block of Bosart Avenue.

Indianapolis police said a driver for Aunt Polly's Pizza was met by two men on the front porch who demanded money and food.
    p-5aWVS_roA1dVM.gif

One of the men fired a shot at the driver, but missed. The driver also had a gun and fired back.

Indianapolis police said they don't think either suspect was struck, but the men haven't been found.

The owner of the pizza shop said that he started having all his drivers carry guns while on deliveries about two years ago.

Police asked anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Sounds like there needs to be an INGO outing to buy some Aunt Polly's Pizza.

:+1:

No doubt! +1 to the shop owner for actually carrying about employee safety, unlike some bigger pizza joints who mouth the words while continuing to willfully endanger their employees.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Seriously I think a INGO event for Aunt Pollys Pizza needs to be posted!
    Can you actually eat there? I did a google search for it, and it looks like it's a 24 hour delivery place, and the reviews I've read are pretty consistent about the food being terrible, late, and cold. However, those are mostly from 2008, so maybe things have changed?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I don't think he'll need another job. As reported on another television station's website, the owner of the store has been requiring his drivers to carry guns for two years now.

Here: Pizza Driver, Would-Be Robbers Exchange Gunfire - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Two would-be robbers and a pizza delivery driver exchanged gunfire early Thursday morning after the men tried to rob the worker, police said.

The incident happened at about 12:30 a.m. in the 2000 block of Bosart Avenue.

Indianapolis police said a driver for Aunt Polly's Pizza was met by two men on the front porch who demanded money and food.
    p-5aWVS_roA1dVM.gif

One of the men fired a shot at the driver, but missed. The driver also had a gun and fired back.

Indianapolis police said they don't think either suspect was struck, but the men haven't been found.

The owner of the pizza shop said that he started having all his drivers carry guns while on deliveries about two years ago.

Police asked anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.

sooooo, basicly if those punk thugs could have been able to read english, they would have known they were robbing the wrong pizza company :laugh::laugh: I love it!!!!!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Can you actually eat there? I did a google search for it, and it looks like it's a 24 hour delivery place, and the reviews I've read are pretty consistent about the food being terrible, late, and cold. However, those are mostly from 2008, so maybe things have changed?

Might as well give it a try if no room inside we aught to set up tables in the parking lot lol! Maybe we could get attention to it so that other pizza chains see how we feel...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why would you rob a pizza delivery dude? The guy is bringing you pizza! If you rob him, he'll stop bringing you pizza!

Top Bottom