• ...and so much more!
  • Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    From 2A patriots

As I've said in earlier letters some weeks ago there is a purpose that these media worms have been publishing feature stories about Indiana licensed to carry citizens and the way the Indiana State Police issues those licenses.

This is why Indiana should establish carry without a license, unless a person wants one for reciprocity purposes. I strong insist that all of us take just a moment of our time to call the toll free numbers at the bottom of the page and state your disdain for this behavior.

How outraged those in the news media become when there are any approaches to demanding they release their sources of information. However, they have absolutley no concern for the risk they impose on decent citizens who comply with laws by releasing those citizens personal information publicly.

Call them!!!!!

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

Indianapolis Star Jumps on the Concealed Carry Permit Database Bandwagon!
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 This week, the Indianapolis Star revealed its own gun database in an attempt to capitalize on the same controversial limelight as the Bloomington Herald-Times.

The Star’s database is modified from a street-based catalogue of the number of permit holders in a defined area, to a demographic listing of Indiana ZIP codes, including the percentage of the population permit holders make up, as well as the their gender, race and age. However, such differences do not hide the paper’s intent.

The searchable database of law-abiding carry permit holders is included in the “Public Safety” section of the paper’s website.

The paper seems to believe that it’s a matter of “public safety” for people to know how many permit holders live near them. Apparently the Star thinks that law-abiding concealed carry permit holders are to be regarded with caution.

Below is a list of the demographic information available for permit holders in one Indiana ZIP code from the Indianapolis Star website:

Concealed carry permit holders (as of Aug. 20, 2009)

Here's a detailed look at concealed carry permit holders in ZIP code 4****7, compared to overall adult population characteristics from the 2000 census:

Here's a detailed look at concealed carry permit holders in ZIP code 4****7, compared to overall adult population characteristics from the 2000 census:

Permit holders
    Overall population

Female
    16.06%
    52.42%

Male
    83.94%
    47.58%

Race :

Black
    1.72%
    0.86%

White
    97.32%
    97.37%

Other
    0.96%
    1.77%

Under 21
    0.67%
    3.64%

21 to 40
    25.14%
    29.56%

41 to 64
    58.03%
    53.14%

65 and older
    16.16%
    13.66%

Purpose
    for permit :

Personal protection
    99.24%
    Gun dealer
    0.19%
    Hunting
    0.29%
    Former police
    0.29%
    Unknown reason
    0.00%

It remains NRA's firm belief that media outlets abuse their First Amendment rights when they harass and demonize lawful citizens for exercising their Second Amendment rights.

Please call and express your disapproval of the Star’s treatment of law-abiding gun owners. The paper has a toll-free number for long-distance callers who would like to respectfully voice their displeasure:

Toll-Free Switchboard:
    1-800-669-7827

In-State Subscriptions and Billing:
    1-888-357-7827

Michael G. Kane, President and Publisher
    michael.kane@indystar.com

Dennis R. Ryerson, Editor and Vice President
    dennis.ryerson@indystar.com

Juli Metzger, Executive Editor, Digital and Custom Publications
    juli.metzger@indystar.com

Jenny Green, Managing Editor
    jenny.green@indystar.com

D. Todd Moore, Administrative

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I actually think their database has been up for awhile. I was thinking that it had been up for a few months now?

Maybe I'm wrong.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This is why Indiana should establish carry without a license...

According to the supreme law of the land, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Any requirement to be licensed to exercise your constitutional rights is unconstitutional and unnecessary.

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    [/color]

According to the supreme law of the land, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Any requirement to be licensed to exercise your constitutional rights is unconstitutional and unnecessary.

Not to mention the Indiana Constitution states:

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."

:draw:

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Not to mention the Indiana Constitution states:

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."

:draw:
    family-guy-bear-arms.jpg

"How could that possibly be misconstrued?" :D

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Regardless of when they put it up, it was brought to my attention today So I call and canceled our subscription

Hustlehard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    Noblesville
    the constirution is "just a piece of paper" so why dont you guys turn over your firearms and while your at it, stop breathing or i'll charge you for emmisons too

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    the constirution is "just a piece of paper" so why dont you guys turn over your firearms and while your at it, stop breathing or i'll charge you for emmisons too

In todays star..... Let it out ..... Those Tea Pertyers are so unpopular they still believe in the U.S. Constitution, and we all know it is an outdated worthless scrap of paper ..... Let it out Nov. 13, 2015 .....

I am, and will always be, a PROUD and voting member of the Tea Party !!!!!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Todays star, Let it out ..... All of you crying about Gov. Pence not wanting Syrian refugees coming here would be the FIRST ones crying if a terrorist attack happened here.

If only we could take care of our Veterans the way we propose to take care of refugees .....

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    He is not the only one that doesn't want the trash here. Our people and our vets should matter the most. Let them fight for their country and stay home, we would.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Never ever speak to the press and never ever buy anything they sell. Doing either one is a complete waste of your time and you will only regret it. Just walk away.

Top Bottom