• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    I agree with his position that: "the legislature doesn't need to meddle in everything."

If it weren't for meddlesome, overreaching legislature, there would be no human rights violating gun laws, no violent criminal protection zones and no theft of citizens' money for a license to exercise a basic human right.

Of course, I do realize that as a loyal Party member, his use of doublespeak decrying meddling legislature is no more than "Slavery is Freedom".

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Well, I'm sure glad to know that since he's ok with all kinds of local legislation that infringes on my rights, he'd obviously be ok with local legislation outlawing abortion, gay marriage or labor unions.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    "Listen, if someone is really intent on doing something bad, an ordinance probably isn't going to stop them. But we have always appreciated the deterrent effect." :n00b:

"For by using {doublethink} one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth." George Orwell, 1984

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    The "Journalism" profession should be an embaressment to all who chose to be in it. To twist an old joke, "Please don't tell my mother I'm a reporter. She thinks I play piano in a hooty house."

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Tully is a leftist hack.
    It's hilarious how ignorant of the law he can be and how much he is in the pocket of corrupt politicians and business interests in Indy.
    (which is surprising given his 'liberal' leanings and enthusiasm for Democrat causes)
    His column isn't an editorial, it's a propaganda mouthpiece for corruption and the ignorant and self-serving agendas of the wealthy and politically powerful in this city.

His opinions on firearms law (and really any other subject) are laughable.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    With the recent mass layoffs, it's only a matter of time before the Indy Red Star shuts down for good.

Good riddance.
    Maybe Tully will have to get an honest job.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The letter I sent (posted in the duped thread)

Dear Mr Tully,

Instead of wasting your time and energy slamming the State Legislature for not focusing on 'Important Social Issues', why don't you invest a little bit of it to studying the Constitution of the United States and how the US Government has been using it to wipe it's collective ass for too many years.

Instead of writing an opinion piece, why not research something and learn then write from a position of knowledge rather than from emotion.

Sincerely,

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Mr. Tully is there to endeavor to have people read his newspaper in a dying industry. Columns such as this are doing a fine job of creating a buzz.:D

Look at it this way, this is all they can do. Cry-baby columns in a dying newspaper. We mopped the floor with them last General Assembly session and we will be back next session. All they can do is hold their breath and stomp their feet.

We are winning.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just emailed to Tully and posted on the Star website:

Mr. Tully,

Laws only restrict law abiding citizens who legally want to protect themselves.

This means that the next time (if you have ever) stroll down the Monon Trail and a criminal attempts to mug/attack/shoot you, maybe a law abiding citizen might perhaps have the chance to save your life and prevent you from serious bodily harm or even death.

Police are not every where, they never will be. Therefore it is laws like this that allows us to protect ourselves from the very scourge of the earth like the ones who attacked you on election night.

Your quote "Still, guns don't belong everywhere, and the legislature doesn't need to meddle in everything.", You are correct the legislature does not need to meddle in everything, they only need to meddle with stupid laws enacted by liberals like you.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Tully is an idiot.

Always has been... sadly, it is likely he always will be.

You can't help those that won't help themselves.

Top Bottom