• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    No one is talking about what the real rate is, so I pulled out some reciepts from last year and compared them to this year.

I am going to call inflation at 6.5% in a year and I still think I'm low!:xmad:

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    No one is talking about what the real rate is, so I pulled out some reciepts from last year and compared them to this year.

I am going to call inflation at 6.5% in a year and I still think I'm low!:xmad:

I started this thread a while ago. It's more like 10% using historical measures.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hurray!!! Wait....what are we talking about?

Do you think my 2% raise covered that?

Hey, I'm getting a 5% raise. Oh wait, that's the 5% they took away from me 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, employers are going to get blamed for the pay cuts, pay freezes, or miniscule raises, not the people who created this mess.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    That most of the "inflation" we are currently seeing is due to the Value of the Dollar, or lack of anyway...

Inflation is the increase in the supply of currency. Rising prices are a consequence of that.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Common basic food items (like sugar and wheat) are up 14% in the month of March. Items bought by the truck load load are up 11-49% this quarter.

[sic]

But food and energy aren't counted in the "inflation" rate. LOL.

:lala:

All of a sudden, my SKS doesn't feel like enough... :eek:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Our government is not only manipulating data (I consider selective reporting as manipulation), but it is outright lying to us. They're doing the same with unemployment numbers and are trying to suppress who got trillions of dollars from the Fed during the Great Bailout(s), courtesy of us and our children. Any country/system that becomes based on lies, fraud, and deceit will fail, period. It's only a matter of time. :patriot:

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Sadly, the Fed won't do a damn thing as long as "core" inflation doesn't change. Of course, core inflation conveniently excludes all the stuff that everyone has to buy. You'll excuse me if I don't get too excited about the price of flat screen tv's going down when I can barely afford to put gas in my car.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- Mark Twain & others

Top Bottom