• ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I agree to a large extent with you.
    The function the libertarian leaning voters provide is a visible block of voters that are ever increasing in size as the Republican Party shifts further and further left.
    They will keep increasing in size until they can't be ignored anymore.

I'm an independent who simply believes the government should govern according to the law the swear to uphold when elected.

Truer words . . . . . .

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Ron Paul was on the GOP Primary Ballot in 2012, people. What more can you ask? People simply didn't vote for him in sufficient numbers. Liberty did not get subverted, it got its chance, fair and square. Hardly anybody wanted it.

Liberty is not a winning formula, in America, today, with this group of retards we have living around us. That's it.

And...don't forget, 16 states comprising over 250 Electoral Votes have gone Democrat every election since 1992.

We are the minority.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I knew someone was going to go this route. I didn't think it would be you. C'mon. Pay attention. Didn't I just say that last name wasn't the deciding factor? Didn't I just say that I vote based on the person's politics and not his last name? Do you honestly think that I am going to vote for someone based on last name only?

I'm sorry, but I was simply quoting you, when you said that you wouldn't mind if every President henceforth had the same surname. Honest mistake, I guess.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, what else are the money men and their neo-cons planning? Spending lots of money to kill off and marginalise Paul and Cruz. Come the time they'll be in the same position as Ron was. On the fringe without the big money.

GOP Hawks Prepare for War?Against Rand Paul - Reason 24/7 : Reason.com

You seem to forget how having an organization is important. You have to have people on the ground in places like NH and IA early on. You have to have lots of people supporting you. Money can not buy that. Romney had supporters in 2012.

And it was the Tea Party, not money, that defeated Lugar. It was an organization of people. Ron Paul just did not have the right mix, too little and too late.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You seem to forget how having an organization is important. You have to have people on the ground in places like NH and IA early on. You have to have lots of people supporting you. Money can not buy that. Romney had supporters in 2012.

And it was the Tea Party, not money, that defeated Lugar. It was an organization of people. Ron Paul just did not have the right mix, too little and too late.
    No, I think that the size of the defeat seems statistically unlikely. I suspect more that the democrats got a lot of people to vote in the republican primary to help nominate a marginal GOP candidate. If Lugar won that Primary I seriously doubt Donnelly would be a US Senator.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    I would like to see Jeb become a candidate. I watched him on Meet The Press and he's not a dolt, but seemed to be very personable, educated and sophisticated. And I doubt that those in the elite circle of GOP donors are dolts or think that he's a dolt. Plus he doesn't have any Washington baggage.
    I doubt that Obama was seriously considered by many to be a viable candidate 2+ years before his first Presidential election, yet his popularity soared against Hillary.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No, I think that the size of the defeat seems statistically unlikely. I suspect more that the democrats got a lot of people to vote in the republican primary to help nominate a marginal GOP candidate. If Lugar won that Primary I seriously doubt Donnelly would be a US Senator.

Perhaps Donnelly would not be a senator, but he is no worse than Lugar and probably easier to get rid of next time. The last time I encountered Lugar in person (following a 2A question) his response was sufficient that it required all the discipline I could muster to refrain from shutting his mouth with my fist, little MFSB traitor that he is.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps Donnelly would not be a senator, but he is no worse than Lugar and probably easier to get rid of next time. The last time I encountered Lugar in person (following a 2A question) his response was sufficient that it required all the discipline I could muster to refrain from shutting his mouth with my fist, little MFSB traitor that he is.
    My remarks weren't about who is better. Trooper was trying to suggest that the Tea Party had a lot more to do with Lugar's resounding defeat than I think is statistically likely. Trooper was overestimating the imact his own ideology had on the primary.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My remarks weren't about who is better. Trooper was trying to suggest that the Tea Party had a lot more to do with Lugar's resounding defeat than I think is statistically likely. Trooper was overestimating the imact his own ideology had on the primary.

I would not discount his conclusion aside from ascribing it to the Tea Party in the narrow sense of card-carrying members. I am one of many non-participants of whom I am aware who hate that little c**ks****r with a passion. I can't bring myself to believe that Dems crossing over in the primary were necessary to get rid of him. As that goes, I can't imagine why they would have wanted rid of him since he was a staunch Democrat in every regard but official party affiliation.

Top Bottom