• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Salty Possum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    Anyone deal with Mitchell's Mausers or have any helpful info on them? The Mausers look ok and don't seem to be badly priced, and the PPS-50/22 also looks attractive to me. I'm asking cause I saw a thread on here where a INGO member posted his yugo collection, and I'm thinking of starting one myself so I was wondering if a M48 or a M24/47 would be a good start. If not, sorry for my ignorance, new to the game ;). Any info or help on Yugoslavian gun collecting would be appreciated :)

Thanks

p.s. I didn't spell "Yugo" right in the thread title *facepalm*

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Personally I wouldn't recommend Mitchell's Mausers. It's not that there is anything wrong with them, because there isn't. However, they've been refurbed to be "as new", and as such command a little higher price than a "real" surplus rifle. The Yugos are some of the more reasonably priced Mausers anyhow, and there are a couple of nice ones in the classifieds at the moment. Bradis even gets them in fairly often too. The M24/47's tend to be a little less expensive than the M48 or M48A, but there isn't a heck of a lot of difference between the two, other than the butt plate (standard flat plate on the 24/47 and "cupped" plate on the M48s). Both are based on the K98 design. If you just want "shooters", then both can be had in the $200 - $300 range. If you're wanting one for collecting purposes, then you'll pay a little more for either in very good condition that are nicer looking. I consider Mitchells to be "pretty" shooters. Because they've been completely refurbished, they really don't have a lot of value from a collecting standpoint.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    What he said. I have an M48 that I received as a gift. Nice gun, good shooter, but little to no collector's value. You can probably find something comparable for less money.

Top Bottom