• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok people. I need some help. I need some input on what to put into the Info Packets for the walk. I also need to come up with a go statement of intent that will be passed out to all the media outlets, radio stations, etc to let them know what's going on.

Info Packet:

40 Reasons for Gun Control : https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...endment/50667-40_reasons_for_gun_control.html

Indiana Gun Laws Summarized : https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e_flier_of_indiana_s_gun_laws_summarized.html

???????

Statement of Intent:

whywewalkpage1.png

We got some work to do guys! Let's get it right! :patriot::ingo:

Last edited:

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I see a lot of good quotes from founding fathers, Abe Lincoln etc., about the importance of an armed citizenry. Does anyone have a concise list of these?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What Federalist Paper talks about the Second Amendment? That would be some good reading. Maybe add some cliff notes to the FP...

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well naturally there is a lot to be found on the web. Try googling 'founding fathers quotes guns' and you'll find plenty of material.

Tell me about your original motivations in starting this and we'll wordsmith the intent and purpose.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's purely to educate non-gun owners that carrying a gun is not illegal, but perfectly legal and those who own guns are forced to go through many checks to make sure they are legal to own and carry. Also, to motivate other gun owners to Open Carry more and to stand up for their rights outside their homes and the ballot box.

That's my original intentions.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In reading through a lot of these founders quotes, it is obvious that they considered an armed citizenry to be the best guarantor of liberty. Since we are not remonstrating against any specific grievance, I think it's a good idea to keep the theme tied to exercising our lawful rights and show if we can some of the history of why, even in this day and age, that the bedrock of liberty is the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And it's very much appreciated! Not sure the number needed yet, but whatever is left over I'll distribute to local shops, gun shops, and whoever will take them. Maybe even hand them out in my own town or walk around downtown myself and hand them out.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    SE: I will have a piece for you before the end of the weekend that starts with your intent, touches on our national and state constitutional rights then takes us on a little historical tour from Washington to Jefferson to Madison to Lincoln to Mao to Hitler to Schumer to Feinstein that will capture the essential link between an armed citizenry and liberty. I think you'll like it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks! I'm not great with words or I'd do it myself. Don't forget, this will be what we give to the media outlets to let them know what we are doing and what we're about. Yes that included MSNBC and CNN. It can't have anything that makes us look like racists, or violent. Just sayin. :)

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks! I'm not great with words or I'd do it myself. Don't forget, this will be what we give to the media outlets to let them know what we are doing and what we're about. Yes that included MSNBC and CNN. It can't have anything that makes us look like racists, or violent. Just sayin. :)

SE-check your email.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I think if you went back and read all the stuff in the OC vs CC threads, you will find more than enough ammunition for your statement of intent. There is some good stuff in there. And a lot of it has to do with informing the public.

Do we have a date yet, I might want to go to this.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think if you went back and read all the stuff in the OC vs CC threads, you will find more than enough ammunition for your statement of intent. There is some good stuff in there. And a lot of it has to do with informing the public.

Do we have a date yet, I might want to go to this.

SE has date and time updated on the first post of the other thread. On page two now.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Redneck, I know there's a lot of good info in there, but it's mostly all about OC or CC. This is about carry period. It's also about ownership as well. The date is September 26th. Saturday, at noon. Please be early. :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hopin' you like what you see. That's about as good as I can do.

If that's as good as you can do you should be a damned writer! :): Let me have a day to see what 2ADMNLOVER comes up with first. Yours is for sure going in the info packet! :thumbsup:

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If that's as good as you can do you should be a damned writer! :): Let me have a day to see what 2ADMNLOVER comes up with first. Yours is for sure going in the info packet! :thumbsup:

Thanks. Gotta a little more research to do on some of the quotes I pulled off the net, so keep it tight for now.

Good night all.

Top Bottom