• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superg1174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    United States
    About every 3 or 4 months for the last year or so I have gotten online and looked for info on this gun and namely it's magazine. If you have done the same you have found a person by the nick name "warhog" from another message board who claimed to have some and often gets more but since 2011 hasn't responded to any post. Well, today I went-a-looking one more time and have finally hit on some promising news. I am not selling anything and must warn you that I don't have it in my hand yet to say for certain but it looks like for those of us in this boat and even others with the same kinda problem there just may be a solution or actually 2 solutions.

First, there is a company in California called Triple K Manufacturing Company, web site Gun Holsters and Gun Magazines by Triple K, that is telling me after a detailed email that they replied to in less than 2 hours, their SKU# 1538M - Romanian Training Rifle, is what we are looking for. I order one and it cost $31 plus $9 shipping. I do not work for them or affiliated with them in any way. Just after a long search for this magazine I am excited to share this info. When I get it I will certainly update this post with conformation that it works. I trust that it will.

Second, this one is a bit more "ify" but I will share with you what I learnt anyway and also will update with a conformation if it works. With a modification with a metal file for the locking grove for the magazine release, a Mossberge 10rd Plinker Magazine will work. Considering this gun is a bolt action, with a careful mind to safety, if the dimensions and magazine angle is at lest close this does at least sound reasonable...stay tuned.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Hope you found the right magazine for your rifle. Glad to see you jumped with both feet and I am sure with time and patience will figure your way around here.

superg1174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    United States
    I found the plinkster mag at Midway for $15.49 and it shipped in less then 24 hours. I am also getting an inexpensive scope for the TOZ. I'm so excited of the thoughts of plinking around with this very accurate and fun shooting gun. I will have to tell y'all more about this gun sometime.

superg1174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    United States
    Very excited, although we are in the deep freeze here on the East Coast as well as most of the country, I am expecting the Plinker Mag today. Oh yea, the scope too but I've been missing the magazine for about 8 years now and been searching fairly hard for it for about last year. No word from Triple K yet but their web site said they are very behind so I'll just be patient there but if this Plinker Mag works***,YAHOO!!!!

superg1174

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    United States
    It's been an unexpectedly long day but long story short, the Mossberge 702 10rd Plinkster magazine worked with some metal filling as expected. After some further research it sounds like the 803 might work a little better because the plunger in the mag does not rise above the top of the mag like the 702 and the 802 does but they will work too. The magazine fits very snug but with a little wear I think it will release easier. Bottom line is, it works and for less than $20. I do look forward to getting an "original" from Triple K but that 5rd mag is $32 plus shipping and they are backed up so I'm not sure how long till I get it. The plinkster was here in about a week and for $15.50, a year's worth of looking is over and now I can go shooting again. If you have found yourself with one of these guns, and I know there is more than a few of us out there, this is a quick, acceptable solution for a lost mag or getting a extra mag. I'll tell you about it later but a buddy of mine molded a synthetic black stock from the original wood stock and today I added a Center Point scope. The synthetic material has a flat textured finish and the scope is flat black. All and all, it looks great and I can't wait to go shooting. If anyone else has one of these guns and has done any modifications to it, tell me about it. I will add some instructions for modifying the mag and some pics when I can. Thank God for one more blessing.

Beno

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    Australia
    Toz-17 mag

Hi like you I have been combing the web for mags for this rifle, I love this well balanced, accurate, fun rifle. Unfortunately my son lost a mag on the hunt. So I hanging out to see if the Triple mag fits, please let us know.

Beno

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    Australia
    Hi any updates on the triple k mag? I tracked one down (TOZ used) in New Zealand of all places paid 3 x of what you paid, wouldn't mind a spare, if the triple k works out.

Top Bottom