• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    I am considering joining and just what to know what I am getting into. I would like some information (membership fees and range fees) about the club along with some personal experiences good or bad.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have been a member for about 6 months now. It is $40 per year, plus $1 each visit to the range. I have been very pleased with my membership. Every time I have been there everyone has been very friendly. There are usually range officers present and everyone takes the safety rules seriously. There seems to be nice mixture of old-timers and younger shooters with families. There are a number of leagues, but I haven't tried any of them yet.

The only thing that comes close to a negative is that it can sometimes get crowded at the benches for the shorter ranges, particularly 25 and 50 yards. The pistol benches usually have an open spot, and the 100 yard range always has quite a few available spots. I only go on weekdays, I am sure it is more crowded on weekends.

They are currently adding a 200 yard range. The range itself is very nice. The benches are covered and in good shape. The pistol area has netting between the spots to deflect the ejected shells. Target frames are provided.

I haven't seen anybody do anything strange (I saw some really odd things back when Atterbury was an uncontrolled range) and have never felt unsafe. The only time I was uncomfortable was a time that I was next to a guy firing some sort of hi-power rifle that must be used for hunting elephants or something. The pressure wave from it would blow my hair back and I would about jump out of my shoes every time he fired.

Any specific questions, feel free to ask. FWIW, I plan to remain a member; so I guess I am pretty happy with it because I am pretty cheap and don't usually join much of anything. Rob

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I'm also a member. Great club, well worth the price. I pay around $50, but I have the family membership IIRC. Like rob said, it's $1 per visit, on the honor system, you sign in and write down what calibers you're shooting that day. I've been there for about 3 years, and have only seen a range officer there once, I go fairly frequently. Go in the morning on a weekday, and you have a good chance of being the only one there. Kevlar baffles all the way down the range keep any stray bullets out of the sky. I go to trap night when I can, it's a TON of fun, never even had anyone hassle me for having a Remington 870 instead of a $1000+ O/U. As a member, I can take you for a visit, PM me and I can meet you there. There is a scanner at the entrance, to keep out non members, that has helped tremendously, as a couple years ago, anybody could just walk onto the range and start blasting away without knowing or caring about the rules.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Been a member there quite a while. I believe the membership price the first year is $50 ($55 family) + $50 initiation fee. Afterwards there is no extra fee. $1 ($2 for visitors) is due each time you shoot there in order to pay for target upkeep. Also, new members have to attend a short class before going to the range the first time. You can get all the info you need by going to fcvcc.org and checking it out. Good luck.

Top Bottom