LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    I'll make it to this shoot:rockwoot:

Bringing my brother this time, he's mentioned buying a handgun sometime soon and wants a .45 ACP preferably a 1911:rolleyes:.
    So if anyone has some 1911's available please bring them, the more flavors of this design the better, high cap, standard cap, shorties, long ones, modern, classic... whatever you have lol.
    He's never shot a handgun so it may be best to start him with something small and move up, (.22-.25-9mm-.40-.45) just so he doesn't form any bad habits like flinching or blinking.

What I'm bringing:
    LocustsOfSteel +1
    Handgun: 1978 Charter Arms Off Duty [.38 SPL] (LocustsOfSteel will have ammo).
    Rifle: 1978 Zastava M59/66 [7.62X39MM] (LocustsOfSteel will have ammo).
    Other items: Hot sauce, Cheese, Various bug repellents, Extra targets, some .45 ACP ammo for my brother to test 1911's with.

Anything else I should bring? Some hot dogs to throw in the bushes, a picture of "Scream" to hang on the wall, perhaps some hail-proof umbrellas?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    It will be good to see you again, Locust...

I'll see if I can't bring something for your brother to shoot...

From the last shoot maybe a tarp and some full body rain gear LOL... It was flying side ways at times...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Locus
    Great to see you back. I have a revolver & Ruger MK III in .22lr that your brother can start off in terms of handguns. Magic Man has a sweet GSG1911 which is in .22lr as well that is EXACTLY like a 1911 in .45acp but in .22lr. After that your brother can move on up to the .45 ACP in 1911 which as you see there will be several there. Mine as well.

@Melensdad
    Can you bring your grill "just in case" as well.
    I think this time we will do the burgers on mine with the bacon by lonehoosier and just use yours for the dogs. This way the cooking time is shorter and I get to actually shoot instead of cooking. he,he,he...

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Guns I'm Bringing

Tactical Ruger 10/22
    Lefty Savage Mark II with BSA scope
    M&P 9 (please bring ammo)
    Maverick 88 Home Defense (please bring ammo nothing more than 3 inch shells please)
    Ruger GP100 6inch barrel (bring ammo)
    Maybe my Tapco SKS (bring ammo)

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Should I rent a U-Haul so you can carry all of them? LOL
    LMFAO:laugh:... I wouldn't be surprised if he had a personal firearms museum, he has brought some of the coolest toys so far lol.

One more thing, if anyone has any left handed handguns (somehow i'm suspecting those may be rare) that they can bring that would be great, as my brother is left handed and often rants about how everything is designed for righty's lol.

Can't wait to see y'all there, it's been a while, and i REALLY need to get better at using my revolver.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Locust... I may have something of interest to him then, as I don't have a handgun made as a lefty but I do have a 1911A1 which is completely ambi... It's a home build of mine and she would probably love some rounds to go through her.... Haven't shot her much as the ammo was going through the roof when I finished building her...

Jedi is figuring out how to stay out from behind the grill scene eeeyyyy I knew you would develop a plan.... more bullets down range.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Locust... I may have something of interest to him then, as I don't have a handgun made as a lefty but I do have a 1911A1 which is completely ambi... It's a home build of mine and she would probably love some rounds to go through her.... Haven't shot her much as the ammo was going through the roof when I finished building her...

Jedi is figuring out how to stay out from behind the grill scene eeeyyyy I knew you would develop a plan.... more bullets down range.

Ambi-1911... Dude, that's my dream gun, I'm ambidextrous.:draw:

I can volunteer for grill duty if he'd like, I've worked at a couple restaurants.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Locust, here's some eye candy of both sides of the ambi 1911A1.... it's stainless so even if you slobber a little on her she will just keep going boom...

DSC01558a.jpg

DSC01556a.jpg

jrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    hammond
    Put me down as a maybe... I have to send a gun back to the factory to get fixed! 100 bucks just to send it out. :( Which that is half my fun and my ammo money. but maybe ill come and :popcorn: watch! who knows! Also I have just finished my processes of paper work and paying the right people for my permit! 2-4 weeks till Im a whole new kind of legal lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom