INGO AK-47/74 BUILD PARTY !!!! (Nov 7th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Once again it's time for an AK build party!!! Bring your parts and leave with a complete gun or just bring yourself to watch and gain knowledge and share in great conversation and some
    pizza.

WHEN: November 7th, 11:00 am till ? (No later than 6p)

WHERE: U.S. Defense Solutions Gun Shop
    5329 Mount Pleasant North Street
    Greenwood, IN 46142

Call and reserve your spot today: 317-300-8192. Credit card over the phone or mail in

FEE to cover facility & basic costs rental: $10 per person (pre-paid preferred)

** YOU WILL BE ABLE TO TEST FIRE YOUR BUILD ON THE RANGE!!!

tools and knowhow will be provided but if you have any AK build tools please bring them. We will take up a collection for pizza and cokes. If you want to bring a 2-liter that's appreciated.
    Restroom facilities provided. Tables and chairs provided.

If if you have any questions please ask

IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD OR PM ME TRIGGER TIME. THANKS!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I will try and make it (its kind of a toss up right now) and if i can make it ill bring all my tools and drill press.... i working on building a more portable press just for rivet crushing but i have the toth tool stuff as well

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    So my friend/roommate picked up a 20 ton press from Harbor Freight and I am hoping to bring it along if I can get it put together right. Typical Chinese construction that the wholes are not aligned correctly and by the time you get 3 plates together for the bottom legs, side support and middle support I can't get the bolts through. I have a pack of burs that didn't say what kind of materials on it, but I am guess it is not steel because I tried to ream out the wholes a bit to get them to line up and the teeth just ripped right off with barely doing anything to widen the whole.

I will try to put it in my mini-mill this weekend to see if mills I have will cut it any better.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I missed this thread! I am going to see if I can arrange things to make this trip. I won't know for sure till a week or two before. I still have the same loaner tools I brought the last time. I really wanna make this trip! I'll give you a heads up TT if and when. I have 2 too finish. I got carried away helping others the last time and didn't get finished last trip. I really had a good time though. Reguardless either way I'll send some funds.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I just got permission from my wife! I'll call and pre-pay or send money asap! I have two 74 kits two assemble. If I could get them headspaced (no 5.45 gauges) I'd be a happy camper! i really dont trust myself to drill straight through the receiver on my press at home, my fixturing could be better. I also have a few receivers to heat treat, whether that happens or not, oh well.
    REALLY, I just want to drag my sten build along and show 1911ly, I hope you can make it!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just got permission from my wife! I'll call and pre-pay or send money asap! I have two 74 kits two assemble. If I could get them headspaced (no 5.45 gauges) I'd be a happy camper! i really dont trust myself to drill straight through the receiver on my press at home, my fixturing could be better. I also have a few receivers to heat treat, whether that happens or not, oh well.
    REALLY, I just want to drag my sten build along and show 1911ly, I hope you can make it!

That would be awesome! I'll get you the tools back before hand regardless! I'll bring my Sten's so we can swap parts too!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    That would be awesome! I'll get you the tools back before hand regardless! I'll bring my Sten's so we can swap parts too!
    I got the 5.45 gauges no problem there! My MKIII is what got me started... its a gateway drug ( i need to trim the striker a bit it still pierces primers)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Looking to be awesome guys. I really hope you all can attend. We still have spots left so call the shop or come in and get signed up today. But your parts kits!!

If if anyone has a romy "G" kit or another 7.62x39 kit they wanna sell I'm interested. Thanks

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I signed up my friend and I and we will be bringing a 20 ton press plus some tools for the Yugo RPK M72.

Also Apex got the M72 front sling mounts in so I just ordered that and I will be good for the build. Just need to get some ammo in.

Top Bottom