INGO AK-47/74 BUILD PARTY !!!! (Nov 7th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simpks01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Avoca, Indiana
    Does anyone have a list of all the parts needed? I just want to triple check that I bring everything so that I don't mess up and then have to watch everyone else build while I sit and watch because I forgot a part.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Does anyone have a list of all the parts needed? I just want to triple check that I bring everything so that I don't mess up and then have to watch everyone else build while I sit and watch because I forgot a part.

Other than the kit its self you'll need

semi trigger group (tapco g2, ALG, Arsenal, redstar to name a few) count as 3 US made parts (you need generally need 6 US made 922r parts)
    retainer hook for fire control group (Shepard hooks or retaining plates) most of us use retaining plates
    rivet set make sure its works for your kit (different kits use different numbers and lengths of rivets)
    barrel if your kit does not include one.. 100% receivers make for trouble free builds ive used nodak spud and childers with out any issues or fitting.... I have also used southern ordnance with great results but fitting out the rails and ejector was needed. I would not recommend them for a first time builder.

Parts needed also varies with the type of kit your building, so the more information you can give us the better we can help you.

and please demill your kits if you have the ability this is extremely time consuming when others are trying to build.... Wabbit has made some great videos that show step by step how to demill your kits.. I strongly encourage everyone to have a look at them... Hopefully he will post some links. Id also recommend reviewing what counts a 922r parts for the AK47/74 rifles generally 6 parts are needed and there a number of different ways to achieve this.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Wabbit has made some great videos that show step by step how to demill your kits.. I strongly encourage everyone to have a look at them... Hopefully he will post some links.

Like this?

[video=youtube;wIjKYF4xaTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIjKYF4xaTE[/video]
    [video=youtube;Zefp2NwQdVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zefp2NwQdVc[/video]
    [video=youtube;9pTzC2jAzAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pTzC2jAzAM[/video]
    [video=youtube;EKndl50ZJys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKndl50ZJys[/video]

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Wish I could make the build, I get held up every time one of these comes around. I do have a very nice, complete, Polish, fixed stock kit I would sell if some one needs to " fix the itch " PM for details.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    All righty then, like other INGO members I got approval from the "BOSS" er (wife), not the bosses wife.................to attend, I have a Romanian AK-74 with an aluminum stock needing a rethread of a stripped screw, if I can be any help, LMK, if I get my stock fixed, great if not, oh well, I am happy to watch and learn, and meet some of the INGO family, will call next week for a spot if any are available.
    Hope to see you all soon!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    do you have pictures of the Romanian ak-74 (SAR 2 I'll assume?) stock? I'm curious what the aluminum stock is.

thanks!
    clay

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Will bring it to the build, years ago a company called FSE (First Son Enterprises) out of Finlay MN, sold aluminum replica non folding AKM skeleton stocks to look like the current side folding AK-74 stock on a Russian rifle.

Looks like this only the stock is fake, no button and it does not fold. It is a Intrac Romak MKII.

97tt0n.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ok. Good enough. The reason I wanted a picture was to figure out what is needed to fix it. Problem is I don't know exactly what to bring with out seeing that in person.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Not to derail this into "other projects", but does anyone need to use a a FAL action wrench? Or need to stake a 1911 plunger tube? Just thought I'd throw some extra stuff in the bag if anyone needed it. Silly stuff to buy if you only use it a few times.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Just an FYI, it seems like we have several presses coming. I'd rather leave mine at home because it's the hardest thing to move. I will bring the welder and flat bender.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Please others (beside the wabbit) bring your presses or the show will stop. Seriously it's the key that makes the magic happen and keeps it flowing.

lots of people pre paying. Gonna be a great party!! Still some spots left if you want in!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Hey is there any possibility that someone may be coming from the southern part of the state and can bring back my bolt cutter rivet crusher? My daughter is getting married on build day and I can not even go up to get the tool back. I would eventually like it to make it back but postage on that thing would be killer! If no one is available, I'll just wait. Thanks, Sarge!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Anyone have An extra front sight post, 90 degree gas block and lower handguard retainer plate that will work on a Saiga 7.62x39 AK they wanna bring and sell me at the party? Thinking about just doing this front end right on this conversion

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Does any one need to bend a HK flat for your cetme or hk build? I could bring it along. I also have a make shift barrel wrench for a galil i made...Trigger i think i have a extra 90 ak74 gasblock....if anyone else needs parts or needs a kit i may be able to hook you up...

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Anyone have An extra front sight post, 90 degree gas block and lower handguard retainer plate that will work on a Saiga 7.62x39 AK they wanna bring and sell me at the party? Thinking about just doing this front end right on this conversion

i dont have a fs but i do have the 90 gasblock... so that will be aboard as well as clays rsb for his maddi rebuild project. i'm all packed up and will be heading to indy shortly...hoping to pick up a small press from harbor freight on the way

Top Bottom