• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    had a great time today. Only stayed for 2.5 hours or so, but I got to talk with a lot of people, meet some new guys, and fondle a lot of ARs.......... oh, and eat my weight in AWESOME chocolate chip cookies (Thanks lovemywoods! those cookies rivle my grandma's, which to me says a LOT ;) )

Thanks to the club for letting us do this, and thanks to everyone for putting it together. Thanks to the guys who brought all the cool hardware as well. Im still up in the air about that new Magpul grip......

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    .......... oh, and eat my weight in AWESOME chocolate chip cookies (Thanks lovemywoods! those cookies rivle my grandma's, which to me says a LOT ;) )

Let's not tell granny about that. I don't want to have to be watching my back for some honked-off geriatric terrorist from Toad Hop! As long as she thinks she’s the best cook, she’ll continue to feed you. :D

And don't tell Thumper either....I think you ate his share of the cookies....!

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Great Event, it was nice to see such a good turn out.

Met a lot on INGOers today.

Thanks everyone that stopped by!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Wow! I showed up later than I wanted and I thought I was going to be left with slim pickin's. Boy was I wrong. I poked around and played with all sorts of optics... just want I wanted to do. I think I've decided on the Aimpoint Micro. Now I need to save up for several months to save up for it... doh. Then the mount.

Man, this black rifle stuff never ends.

Thanks to everyone for bringing their rifles, shaking my hand, asking me how my surgery went, making cookies (did anyone notice I spent most of my time within an arms reach of them? HA!), and letting me get my dirty hands on your firearms.

KA9NTZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Lafayette
    Now I'm pissed that I didn't make it. Truck was giving me fits and not wanting to run. Looks like a great turnout on both sides.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    I was there for about an hour, and got to meet some INGOers. Thanks to all for putting this on, and Cwood for answering some questions. I was hoping to talk to some more AR experts about my new CMMG, but I didn't want to interupt anyone. I'm sure I'll get a chance at the next one!
    BTW, I just got my bargain bin CMMG Saturday, put on the quad rail, stock, panels, and sights just in time for the show, but I didn't put it out b/c I was only going to be there for a little while. I'm going to post a thread about my new AR soon.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I had a great time... it was nice to see/meet people and to get to fondle some accessories that I've been thinking about buying. I even made my first NFA purchase!:rockwoot:
    Thanks for putting this together.
    -Andy

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hawkhavn and I rolled in early in order to get setup which is good since we took a wrong turn at Albequerque and were glad to have the time cushion. On the other hand, when we walked in the door VUPD had the fire going and the building was warming up:

4320865587_edbcb96c7d.jpg

Vendors were setting up tables and Hawkhavn and I got our spot up and running with our new flyers and the steel I had tested that morning. There was INGO schwag, and most importantly there was a never ending pile of Lovemywood's cookies:

4321600780_b081cbe75b.jpg

4320869563_73670612a8.jpg

4320875625_ccd3545338.jpg

The system for the AR's was for everyone to layout their AR's in no particular order, and filled out cards with the critical information of that rifle:

4321613680_193272d4b4_b.jpg

Soon the tables were full:

4320877187_246075785b.jpg

Then the room was full:

4321605048_c8e4f4b713.jpg

There were a ton of different AR's on display. AR15 plain jane to tacticooled out, .223 to .308 with a 6.5 in between, some where tiny with itty bitty barrels that could not even make it out of their handguards and some were too long for the table to hold well:

4320873585_0e5a2ec73a_b.jpg

4321612112_f9926d11d5_b.jpg

4321593074_e0904ed0c7_b.jpg

Vendors kept busy with the room full of INGO members:

4320858113_2cc4b264b9.jpg

4321594826_650c4eeb5d_b.jpg

And it was a great time. A thanks to everyone who put this together, the vendors who made a point to come and present, and those attendees who came to show of &/or ask questions. It was a great time.

Oh, and a special thanks to the Lovemywoods family, both for the great example AR's they brought, but also for the cookies!

4320863713_09bb650748.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was hoping to talk to some more AR experts about my new CMMG, but I didn't want to interupt anyone.

I've noticed this to be a recurring theme; I wish folks new to the platform who had questions would've butted in more. :) I spent the majority of my time chatting with Cwood, bigcraig, curraheeguns, VUPDblue, Tinman and akaindy; only had 2-3 guys ask me about my guns specifically, and talked with maybe that many more about their guns, or general AR-related stuff.

Perhaps next time we need an easier way for folks to associate guns with their owners so they don't have to try to track them down, or designate a couple SME's to field general questions from new folks? While this was by all accounts an excellent event, there is always room for improvement, and I'd love to hear suggestions from the membership on how to make the next Open House even better.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    Great event. I had a great time and learned a few things. Everyone was so willing to talk about their gear, answer questions and educate us relative newbies on the "black rifle" and sound suppressors (especially shooter521 and Corey). I don't know how I missed that 6.5 Grendel!
    A special thanks to the organizers.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I couldn't get there till about 4:00, and I was thinking that it would be pretty dead. Boy I was wrong, that room was packed! I didn't bring in my rifle, since there was a ton of them in there. It was definately cool to see all the different set-ups.
    I too had questions, but didn't want to interupt conservations. Guess next time I need to be a little more outgoing.
    But I ended up getting a bug to build another one after looking at all the quad raill goodness! And need to look up more info on charging handles, as I was mainly looking at who had what on their guns.

Over all, it was an awesome event. One in which we should hold again, let alone with different gun types (like the previously mentioned AK's).:ingo:

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I had a great time looking at everyone's AR's. Now I have a better idea what I will be doing to mine.. Thanks to everyone..!!! Nice talking to all..!!!

yankeetownboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Brownsburg, in
    Well, I like others was blown away by the turnout and hardware. I also did not ask enough questions, but nobodys fault but mine. "BUT" I did catch the fever and purchased a Sundevil matched set from SSNFA AKA Corey, and now I'll have a **** load of questions, Surfed the net till 2am looking at all the Bling for these things!!! My wallet has no idea what is about to hit it!...:D My only real mistake was I got excited and forgot to get my INGO hat..:xmad:

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom