• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    After some discussion in one of the beer threads, I suggested we put together a little INGO Beer Fest. The purpose is to give us the chance to try a number of different beers without having to shell out the cash for each one ourselves. We will have a couple of bullet points to complete before we can make this a done deal and I will try to lay out everything I can think of. Please feel free to suggest your own and I will add them as necessary.

Note that this is not intended to be a frat night kegger. This is strictly a private party, invitation-only get-together for the purpose of sampling beers you haven't tried before. If you want to "get loaded", stay home and drink Bud Light.

1. Date/Time
    a. Most likely a Saturday afternoon/evening in the near future (September? we'll need a little time to get organized and my next two Saturdays are out, and then Labor Day is coming up, which puts lots of people out of town).

2. Location
    a. Somebody's house, a local park, a VFW hall, etc. The facility will need a bathroom ;) and alcohol must be legal to consume on the premises.

3. Limited participation
    a. Because I don't want to have to pull permits and pay rental fees and get insurance, I think we should limit the event to no more than, say, 20 attendees. All participants must be 21 or over. No children will be allowed to attend. In other respects, it's just a private party.
    b. If we need a hall of some sort (like a subdivision's clubhouse), are we willing to have everyone chip in to cover the cost?

4. Designated drivers
    a. DD's are not counted as participants.
    b. I will donate a selection of soft-drinks for their consumption.
    c. I will have some phone numbers of taxi services for people who will need them. I will absolutely not be held responsible for your inability to be a grown-up. I mean it. If this is a problem for you, then the deal is off.

5. Music
    a. Someone will need to provide some sort of music. A boom box, an MP3 player, etc.

6. Food
    a. At least snacks. I don't think we need a spread, but some munchies wouldn't be a bad idea.

7. The Beer
    a. Each attendee will provide a minimum of one six-pack of your favorite beer. You will need to list the beer you intend to bring so we don't have duplicates. I'd like to keep it limited to actual beer, and beer that people want to try, so no Coors, Bud, Bud Light, any of the garbage that Anheuser-Busch brews (like their little fake micro-brews), etc. I'm talking premium beers only. Don't cheap out on us.
    b. You can probably bring more than one six-pack if you want, but remember, there are around 20 people. That's 20 six packs. Six beers per person. For TASTING. I'm done after two bottles, so I'm not tasting 120 different beers.

8. Supplies
    a. We'll probably need some supplies: Small (Dixie-sized?) plastic cups, garbage bags, etc. Definitely need at least several tubs/coolers of ice, especially if the beer isn't pre-chilled. Remember, we'll need to chill a minimum of 120 bottles.

9. Guns
    a. I think we can safely agree that guns and alcohol don't mix very well, but there is no law in Indiana precluding you from carrying while consuming. I won't tell anyone they can/can't or should/shouldn't carry during the event. I expect everyone to be adults and take responsibility for themselves. However, the potential for Epic Fail is there, so I will leave the topic open for discussion and hopefully we can all agree on one course of action either for or against.

a.

I'd like to make this a fun event for INGOers. I don't want to create a legal pain in the butt for myself or anyone else involved. If fpdshooter* sits outside and waits for you to get in your car and busts you for DUI, that's a bad night and it reflects poorly on us all. Let's not do that.

Ok, let's discuss!

*Don't go getting any funny ideas, fpdshooter... :):

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Attendee list:

1. Scutter01 (beer TBD. Gimme some time, ya knobs!)
    2. Lucas156
    3. Colt45er
    4. wtfd661
    5. samrothstein01
    6. SC_Shooter
    7. IndyGunworks
    8. Turtle
    9. MyGlockRox19
    10. IndyBeer
    11. seawolfxix
    12. DocGlock86
    13. Danielocean13
    14. theweakerbrother
    15. lawrra
    16. Tommy2Tone
    17. Fargo
    18. Militarypol21
    19. jsharmon7
    20. 40calPUNISHER

Standby:
    1. Quiggly

(List size subject to change depending on venue and other factors)

A lot of the RSVP's above are date-dependent, so we'll probably have people bow out. If you're interested, let me know and I'll get you on the standby list.

Last edited:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I think this is a great idea!! If it is like other INGO things it will be properly done. Depending on the date selected I would be interested in meeting other INGO members to try some beer.

My biggest problem with trying new beers is paying the 9 bucks for a six pack if I don't like it!!

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I for one think this is a phenomenal idea!! But, I like beer, so its not like your twisting my arm or anything. :dunno:

Edit: BTW, I would be happy to help with anything necessary to put this together, including donating items such as cups, etc.

Thanks!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd prefer to do 2-4 oz samples so that I can try lots of different beers, but there's something to be said for having a whole bottle to yourself and trying a much smaller number (say 2-4 bottles).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I for one think this is a phenomenal idea!! But, I like beer, so its not like your twisting my arm or anything. :dunno:

Edit: BTW, I would be happy to help with anything necessary to put this together, including donating items such as cups, etc.

Thanks!

The biggest thing is going to be finding a location. Any suggestions?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I would definitely been in for it, but with my work schedule I need about a month notice to make sure I can get off for it. Second would be location, I live in Fort Wayne and wouldn't object to travelling to Indy, but not much further than that. I would be willing to bring a six pack of Leiny Creamy Dark (chilled).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I would definitely been in for it, but with my work schedule I need about a month notice to make sure I can get off for it. Second would be location, I live in Fort Wayne and wouldn't object to travelling to Indy, but not much further than that. I would be willing to bring a six pack of Leiny Creamy Dark (chilled).

I think we're probably looking at mid-September, so you should have plenty of time. It'll depend heavily on the venue, I think.

As for area, I'm in Noblesville. If I'm organizing, I'm not driving to Evansville to do it. :): I think it's safe to say that the northern Indianapolis area is probably our target.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    If it works out to be some time before the third weekend in September, count me in. We've got a store here in Bloomington that claims to have more different kinds of beer in stock than anywhere else in the country. They were offering $1k to anyone who could provide verification that another store had more, so it's a fairly safe bet they are correct.

I'll be bringing something interesting for sure.

As a suggestion, we should invite to each beer summit (I mean - fest) one INGO member who got a negative rep and the one who gave it. Basically, we could have Bacon Bishop Scutter sit the two of them down and have a beer like a few normal folks. I'm sure it would help preserve peace and harmony and keep anyone from behaving stupidly.

Just a suggestion.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am 50 50... depends on work schedule at the fire department....and.... well thats it... name a date and ill let you know if i am in.
    dont know what i would bring yet.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Well, again, if we can find a place, the date will be much easier to nail down. Could even just be a local park with a pavilion and a nearby Port-o-let.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Mid Sept days I can NOT do it (cause of work) are 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24 (only one that is on a weekend is the 12th). Otherwise the other mid Sept days should be doable.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I am wondering what legal problems we may have at a park?

I will have to check with the wife, but I live in Avon and would be willing to open my home under a few conditions.

We have 2 bathrooms :) House is only about 1300 sq ft so it may be a little tight, but we do have a back deck that we can fit people around and a fire pit.

just an idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom