• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I also love how so many firearms have such low round counts! If you believe all of those posts, you would think that nobody shoots their guns anymore, and we have a bunch of Safe Queens just sitting out there waiting to be grabbed up by the *real* shooters!

Another of my favorites that is overused:

When asked about round count: "I'm not sure, I bought this used, and then *RIGHT AFTER* I bought it, I decided to buy XYZ, and didn't need it any more. It has been sitting in my safe for 2 years un-fired, and needs to find a good home. Perfect Condition..."

Gotta say I have a lot of guns with very low round counts during my ownership (some new/some used) and a few regular shooters that have tons and tons of rounds through them.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I wish we could leave negative feedback when someone bails on deal without them leaving retaliatory negative feedback in return. If they do will the mods remove it?
    I recently had a guy agree to a trade. He kept delaying the swap then told me someone was buying it. I held onto my pistol for over 2 weeks waiting on the trade. (The trade was well in his favor.) If I leave negative feedback will the mods remove any return feedback? :dunno: He's not even marked the item as gone and closed the thread.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wish we could leave negative feedback when someone bails on deal without them leaving retaliatory negative feedback in return. If they do will the mods remove it?
    I recently had a guy agree to a trade. He kept delaying the swap then told me someone was buying it. I held onto my pistol for over 2 weeks waiting on the trade. (The trade was well in his favor.) If I leave negative feedback will the mods remove any return feedback? :dunno: He's not even marked the item as gone and closed the thread.

What would keep someone from leaving preemptive negative feedback falsely?

For me, if someone has one negative feedback out of a bunch of positives, I look at the feedback they left the other person figuring there's two sides to a story. If someone has, or leaves, multiple negatives I use the Raylin Givens method and figure it's them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How familiar are we with him? How many posts? How long around? If I saw a back and forth between you and some newbie or someone that is obviously a flipper, I would just assume the problem is him unless or until proven otherwise.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What would keep someone from leaving preemptive negative feedback falsely?

For me, if someone has one negative feedback out of a bunch of positives, I look at the feedback they left the other person figuring there's two sides to a story. If someone has, or leaves, multiple negatives I use the Raylin Givens method and figure it's them.

I miss Justified.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'd say call 'em like you see 'em and let it be. People can usually figure out who the *******s are.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not pointing any fingers at anyone but myself. I have found a couple times lately that I have gotten a bit sloppy. Rather than specifically laying out the details of how the deal will work, I assumed the other party would handle things as I would.

In the past, after reading all the accounts of negative transactions that I could find on INGO, I had a detailed routine that layed out exactly how the transaction would happen. After years and years of 99% problem free trades, I got lazy on this.

Recently I have had some disappointments with timing and a slight financial loss with a PayPal fee. I blame myself for the most part for not laying things out in advance in detail.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    Not pointing any fingers at anyone but myself. I have found a couple times lately that I have gotten a bit sloppy. Rather than specifically laying out the details of how the deal will work, I assumed the other party would handle things as I would.

In the past, after reading all the accounts of negative transactions that I could find on INGO, I had a detailed routine that layed out exactly how the transaction would happen. After years and years of 99% problem free trades, I got lazy on this.

Recently I have had some disappointments with timing and a slight financial loss with a PayPal fee. I blame myself for the most part for not laying things out in advance in detail.

I've never, ever had a bad experience using the INGO classifieds section. Just dumb luck I guess...

I know it's pretty important to let the rodent know when you do run across misfits.

84139.JPG

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Nope, my only negative feedback was that exact situation. Guy backed out on me after wasting a bunch of my time so I neg reped him. He neg repped me back and I was stuck with it. Blah

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I also love how so many firearms have such low round counts! If you believe all of those posts, you would think that nobody shoots their guns anymore, and we have a bunch of Safe Queens just sitting out there waiting to be grabbed up by the *real* shooters!

Man, I wish I had your doubts. I am almost certain that 90% of gun owners never shoot their guns. The main thing they do with firearms is posting pics of their guns on the internet with an honorable mention to "pointing guns recklessly at loved ones and strangers".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've never, ever had a bad experience using the INGO classifieds section. Just dumb luck I guess...

I know it's pretty important to let the rodent know when you do run across misfits.

View attachment 61618

Oh, I wouldn't call my couple/three weak experiences bad, just not as stellar as most have been in years past. I was just pointing out my own issues in making things crystal clear to those I transact with.

I did deal with one gent (who I mistakenly didn't check out thoroughly) with a bad rep mark. I see why he had it, but our weak transaction still happened. It just took a bit longer and some prodding for him to get me taken care of.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    P9260187.jpg
    is watching.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The staff in general does not have the keys to that area of the playground. Only Admin. does. We decided long ago not to get involved in the neg rep wars.
    Unless we are alerted to some of these issues we really have no way of knowing. Report his ad using channels and it will be dealt with.

Top Bottom