• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't understand why people will post things for sale or trade and when they do make a deal they don't close out the thread. It's really not that hard. Anybody else find this frustrating? I just don't get it.:dunno:

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    agreed. and I wish people would leave the asking price on the closed thread. that will allow all of us to monitor the current market and make asking/selling prices more in line.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    agreed. and I wish people would leave the asking price on the closed thread. that will allow all of us to monitor the current market and make asking/selling prices more in line.

Exactly. I don't want to list my $25 bricks of .22 for only $60 if others have been getting $70. :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If it bothers you that much, click on the little exclamation point in the yellow triangle and ask a mod to close it.
    Since it's part of the classifieds "rules" (I think), they'll probably let the ad's OP know about it...

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Am I missing something? Why is it so important to close a thread in the classifieds?

Are there threads that don't show SPF? I can see if someone PM's them to see if they still have it and they don't have it so it may be inconvenient for the guy who wanted the item. But, all the ones I normally see say SPF.

I got an infraction once because I didn't close the classified. I clearly marked that it was sold and no longer available but apparently it still bothered someone. I'm not sure why. On all the other forums I'm on, no one ever has to close out a thread when the deal is done.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I currently have a thread in the classifieds marked SPF but it's still open. I'll normally leave it that way until the deal is completed. That way if the buyer backs out for some reason I don't have to open a new thread or reopen the closed one. I can just edit the current one and bump it again

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I try my beat to lock mine but every once in a while I miss one.

also mentioned above about leaving the price that it sold for in the thread. That's a rule!! If you see one that the price was deleted, report it to a mod by clicking the triangle report icon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can't speak for everyone, but I appreciate seeing the "locked" icon before I ever bother opening a thread...it just saves time.

Seriously, this is the reason.
    I look through there all the time and when I waste time responding to a post that should have been closed it does tend to "PI$$" me off just a tiny bit.....:)

Just do it like it is supposed to be done. Period.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I currently have a thread in the classifieds marked SPF but it's still open. I'll normally leave it that way until the deal is completed. That way if the buyer backs out for some reason I don't have to open a new thread or reopen the closed one. I can just edit the current one and bump it again
    '
    Yup.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So if it's closed, can you still look it up?

I recently had a shotgun for sale and closed it even though it's still technically for sale. I even put a note on my final bump to that affect.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    So if it's closed, can you still look it up?

I recently had a shotgun for sale and closed it even though it's still technically for sale. I even put a note on my final bump to that affect.

Yes you can. I have done the same in the past, just so I don't have to keep up on an ad. But someone has to know how to use the search feature to find it. In other word they will have to type in a key word that would be in the title of your ad. I routinely search for Performance Center Smiths, just in case I missed one that may have been listed.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If we had a FAQ that covered all of this it might solve the problem.

sarcasmalert.gif

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Am I missing something? Why is it so important to close a thread in the classifieds?

Are there threads that don't show SPF? I can see if someone PM's them to see if they still have it and they don't have it so it may be inconvenient for the guy who wanted the item. But, all the ones I normally see say SPF.

I got an infraction once because I didn't close the classified. I clearly marked that it was sold and no longer available but apparently it still bothered someone. I'm not sure why. On all the other forums I'm on, no one ever has to close out a thread when the deal is done.

If we had a FAQ that covered all of this it might solve the problem.

Because it's the rule....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...classifieds-you-must-read-before-posting.html

Top Bottom