• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'll umpteenth the burr grinder. If you're going to grind your own that's the optimal way to go. A regular blade grinder will also get the job done, at a lower price point, it just doesn't do the job as well. As for the drip machine, I've always been partial to Krups, (available at Bed, Bath and Beyond as well as Target). They do a great job, heat the water fast and to the right temp and have a charcoal filter in the water well. Makes for a real tasty cup. The machines aren't too pricey, either. Mine will make anywhere between 2 and 12 cups. We usually make 8, (which gives us 4 mugs). I'm not a fan of the K cups. The cost per pound is worse than going to Starbucks, or any other place and buying your Joe on a daily basis. And it's not as tasty as a real brewed cup. French press is also a decent way to go, if you like the wait and the very real possibility of getting your coffee too weak or too strong. Takes time to get the formula and time right.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :rolleyes:......Ya'll......waaaayyyy overthink'n 'is stuff......:):.......ya'll really go thru all'a 'is shizz......jus' fer a cup coffee?......:):

[video=youtube;YIKr2EMkm48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKr2EMkm48[/video]

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I just saw the best of both worlds last night at Meijer, it was an insulated cup with a french press built into it. Bodum french press + coffee cup

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Fenway, thanks for starting the thread. I too, was on a mission. I just enjoyed my first cup from my new Bodum Chambord French Press. Very tasty. Thanks

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I don't know if this is any help, but I make coffee in a BUNN, then I pour the coffee into the vitamix blender.
    I add real dark chocolate, and some hot chocolate. Add 2 cups or more of ice, and I got myself a FRAPPE. **<- ice is optional, just make it double strength coffee**

To me, it tastes just like starbucks :dunno:

Top Bottom