INGO Dinner: 6/14/09 5:30 @ Puerto Vallanta Mexican Restaurant (56th and Lafayette)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There were no problems until red hair and impressive factory-stock equipment were thrown into the mix. At that point, I really couldn't be held responsible for what ensued. I was the exemplar of good behavior, nigh unto altar boy-like piety, under some extreme externally applied stress prior to that as well (which you should remember since it cost you $20 each time). Yet I remained calm, controlled, and (dare I say it?) somewhat aloof throughout the evening.

Until I snapped, of course.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Dinner went surprisingly well. I expected orders to be messed up, and for it to take forever. They did very well for having a group of 30+ people.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That was excellent guy/gals. So many great people, and so great to put face with name. We'll have to make this a regular thing so more people can make it. Next time lets just find a BIGGER place! CHUCKY CHEESE!! LOL Seriously though, I think next time we have a pitch in picnic. Maybe a state park or something. I know it restricts carry, but it would be better for mingling, getta see how good/bad of a cook we are, etc, etc, etc. Just a thought....

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    (Official Source- http://www.in.gov/legislative/iac/iac_title?iact=312&iaca=8 )

According to the Indiana Administrative Code, Article 8 (Public Use of Natural and Recreational Areas), Rule 2 (General Restrictions on the Use of DNR Properties), 312 IAC 8-2-3 (Firearms, Hunting and Trapping):

Sec. 3. (a) A person must not possess a firearm or bow and arrows on a DNR property unless one (1) of the following conditions apply:
    (1) The firearm or bow and arrows are:
    (A) unloaded and unnocked; and
    (B) placed in a case or locked within a vehicle.
    (2) The firearm or bow and arrows are possessed at and of a type designated for usage on:
    (A) a rifle;
    (B) a pistol;
    (C) a shotgun; or
    (D) an archery;range.
    (3) The firearm or bow and arrows are being used in the lawful pursuit of either of the following:
    (A) A wild animal on a DNR property authorized for that purpose.
    (B) A groundhog as authorized under a license.
    (4) The person possesses a handgun on a DNR property other than a reservoir owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers or Falls of the Ohio State Park:
    (A) with a valid unlimited license to carry a handgun:
    (i) issued under IC 35-47-2-3; or
    (ii) recognized under IC 35-47-2-21(b); or
    (B) pursuant to an exemption to handgun licensure requirements as authorized under IC 35-47-2-2.

The change was signed into law by Daniels on Sept 6, 2007, here:
    Indiana General Assembly - Indiana Register

So, 2006 was when the 1 year period started, and 2007 was when it was made permanent.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    (Official Source- http://www.in.gov/legislative/iac/iac_title?iact=312&iaca=8 )

According to the Indiana Administrative Code, Article 8 (Public Use of Natural and Recreational Areas), Rule 2 (General Restrictions on the Use of DNR Properties), 312 IAC 8-2-3 (Firearms, Hunting and Trapping):

Sec. 3. (a) A person must not possess a firearm or bow and arrows on a DNR property unless one (1) of the following conditions apply:
    (1) The firearm or bow and arrows are:
    (A) unloaded and unnocked; and
    (B) placed in a case or locked within a vehicle.
    (2) The firearm or bow and arrows are possessed at and of a type designated for usage on:
    (A) a rifle;
    (B) a pistol;
    (C) a shotgun; or
    (D) an archery;range.
    (3) The firearm or bow and arrows are being used in the lawful pursuit of either of the following:
    (A) A wild animal on a DNR property authorized for that purpose.
    (B) A groundhog as authorized under a license.
    (4) The person possesses a handgun on a DNR property other than a reservoir owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers or Falls of the Ohio State Park:
    (A) with a valid unlimited license to carry a handgun:
    (i) issued under IC 35-47-2-3; or
    (ii) recognized under IC 35-47-2-21(b); or
    (B) pursuant to an exemption to handgun licensure requirements as authorized under IC 35-47-2-2.

The change was signed into law by Daniels on Sept 6, 2007, here:
    Indiana General Assembly - Indiana Register

So, 2006 was when the 1 year period started, and 2007 was when it was made permanent.
    Ok. I couldn't find any mention that it was in fact made permanent. Only that it was a 1 year deal. Good to know, looks like those Parks sites need to update their info, even though they are about the Parks and not Officially the Parks' sites.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I had a great time at the INGo.com dinner this evening.
    I also took several pictures. I would like to post a follow up dinner thread with pictures paired with names/nicks.

***IF for some reason you do NOT want to have your picture posted here on this website for privacy or other concerns...please PM me and I will gladley honor your wishes.***

I intend to begin this thread on Sunday afternoon. unless somebody beats me to it in which case I will just post the pics I took. I tried to get people that were there together photographed together.
    Thanks again for the commradrie and fun times. :patriot:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I also took several pictures. I would like to post a follow up dinner thread with pictures paired with names/nicks.

***IF for some reason you do NOT want to have your picture posted here on this website for privacy or other concerns...please PM me and I will gladley honor your wishes.***

I intend to begin this thread on Sunday afternoon. unless somebody beats me to it in which case I will just post the pics I took. I tried to get people that were there together photographed together.
    :thumbsup:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Please black out my eyes A2J :thumbsup:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

Thanks! :) I was too busy being sociable and enjoying the food to have my camera out much. :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It was good getting to meet everyone that I had the chance to meet, including my future (45 years in the future minimum) room mate, TomN. I also detected the faint and rapidly dissipating odor of a Kirk Freeman-type, so he must have been there before I arrived.

And for the record, I behaved really, really well, exspecially compared to how I usually am.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Hey Rhino I made you some of that toast this morning! It should still be good the next time I see you!

Yes and Kirk had to leave for tea before you got there. I just never can understand the bloody English! :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom