• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beachhead40

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    North Of Indy
    Mind if i show up and bring kids ages (Her Birthday Sept 11. she's 7, and can handle the firearms rules better than adults) he 9 as well trained in the fun d mental of the rules of safety his 10/22 has been sighted in and was on bullseye the last i seen my ak just got a new red dot and would love to sight it in. also haven't shot my .45 springfield champion operator since i traded it from a 5 inch .... also got a new crimson trace laser grip for springfield xd sub compact 40, if kids are to young or not welcome let me know they will not disappoint nor surprise anyone ....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This was at the spring shoot. My 5 year old and Glueman's grandson at the rimfire range.

So yes, this is kid friendly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, VERY kid friendly. As Tanker posted, there is technically a kids area. (a 22 bay FULL of steel) :):

I recall a couple back there was a young man sampling anything he could get his hands on. The grin on his face after running a mag full of my AR to ring steel at 150 was priceless.

EDIT: I also recall he was quite smitten with both the lightly loaded Vaquero setup for CAS and the black powder pistol.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Kids are welcome as long as they don't run amok. Your kids sound like ones who won't. :)
    Bring them and let them give things a try. The 22 range is a lot of fun for all ages too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Depending on equipment availability this week end we might be breaking ground on the spouses new covered deck.
    Was scheduled for last weekend but the Auger was not available.
    Looks like it will be this weekend. If so I will have to pass.
    If I do not get this done this season I will be staying at a Holiday Inn somewhere..

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Depending on equipment availability this week end we might be breaking ground on the spouses new covered deck.
    If I do not get this done this season I will be staying at a Holiday Inn somewhere..
    :(

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

You need to forget to carry your sidearm Sunday AM. That way when the Candy Van full of masked assailants shows up to "kidnap" you and throw you in the van you cant resist. "sorry honey, I had no choice!"

:):

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You need to forget to carry your sidearm Sunday AM. That way when the Candy Van full of masked assailants shows up to "kidnap" you and throw you in the van you cant resist. "sorry honey, I had no choice!"

:):
    so when will you pick me up so we can get this done? I will bring the cuffs and a bag for over his head. I think I have a few plastic bags around... :):

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Man, I managed to miss this thread for several months somehow. :(

I might be able to make it on Sunday. :cool:

If I do then I'll be bringing my HK sear and some hosts as well as my M16 and some uppers.

Plus, I have like half a case left of that el-cheapo tannerite I bought for the last time (that we had a heck of a time hitting). I hope someone is bringing something in a larger caliber with a proper scope, or it's probably not worth bringing the rest of it. My stuff is a all iron sights and red dot or holographic, since I mostly shoot short barreled rifles and subguns.

On the plus side, my FM-9 belt fed 9mm upper is working now and is a lot of fun.

Edit: I'll try to remember to pick up more tarps

Last edited:

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I intend to be there, maybe drag my brother along. My Savage .223 was fairly capable of hitting the tannerite as several shooters learned first hand.
    I have my INGO lower based AR ready to try some Tannerite as well.

Matt

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Man, I managed to miss this thread for several months somehow. :(

I might be able to make it on Sunday. :cool:

If I do then I'll be bringing my HK sear and some hosts as well as my M16 and some uppers.

Plus, I have like half a case left of that el-cheapo tannerite I bought for the last time (that we had a heck of a time hitting). I hope someone is bringing something in a larger caliber with a proper scope, or it's probably not worth bringing the rest of it. My stuff is a all iron sights and red dot or holographic, since I mostly shoot short barreled rifles and subguns.

On the plus side, my FM-9 belt fed 9mm upper is working now and is a lot of fun.

Edit: I'll try to remember to pick up more tarps

If you hang out on the transition range like you did last year, one should do it. I think everyone stood in the middle of the one that was there not realizing that 90% of the brass was landing next to it. :):(I know I have to shift my thinking a bit when I go there and use the tarps vs my other ranges I frequent.)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am fairly certain I can make it at least for a couple of hours since I don't live too terribly far away! I'll bring a couple SBRs and fun 22's I've got cans for them all. If anyone will shoot clays I'll also throw in a couple shotguns and supplies.

Top Bottom